0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2011 2:07 PM by rampally

Flex Application Hangs in Windows 7

rampally

Hello All,

I recently migrated to windows 7. When i launch my flex application,after like 30-40 seconds my application hangs. Below is the stack trace from flash player.

Error: Error #1502: A script has executed for longer than the default timeout period of 15 seconds.
          at flashx.textLayout.container::TextContainerManager/updateContainer()[C:\Vellum\branches\v1 \1.1\dev\output\openSource\textLayout\src\flashx\textLayout\container\TextContainerManager .as:1317]
          at mx.core::FTETextField/composeHTMLText()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\spark\src\mx\core\ FTETextField.as:3130]
          at mx.core::FTETextField/validateNow()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\spark\src\mx\core\FTET extField.as:2560]
          at mx.core::FTETextField/get textWidth()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\spark\src\mx\core\FTETextField.as:1719]
          at mx.charts.chartClasses::DataTip/measure()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\datavisualizatio n\src\mx\charts\chartClasses\DataTip.as:400]
          at mx.core::UIComponent/measureSizes()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\ UIComponent.as:8216]
          at mx.core::UIComponent/validateSize()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\ UIComponent.as:8140]
          at mx.charts.chartClasses::ChartBase/positionDataTips()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\datav isualization\src\mx\charts\chartClasses\ChartBase.as:3923]
          at mx.charts.chartClasses::ChartBase/updateDataTipToMatchHitSet()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\proj ects\datavisualization\src\mx\charts\chartClasses\ChartBase.as:3457]
          at mx.charts.chartClasses::ChartBase/processRollEvents()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\data visualization\src\mx\charts\chartClasses\ChartBase.as:2720]
          at mx.charts.chartClasses::ChartBase/mouseMoveHandler()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\datav isualization\src\mx\charts\chartClasses\ChartBase.as:4912].

The Version of flash player i am using is 10.3.183.5

The same code was working fine earlier to the migration to windows 7. Is this a known windows 7 and Flash player issue or is it my coding blunder that is causing the problem. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

C