4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2011 5:32 PM by the_wine_snob

No green or red line--rendering

rjharpole

OK.  After searching the forums for the last three hours I have decided to ask a question that I feel like I should know the answer to.

I shot video from a Canon Rebel DSLR si2 and recorded it on an SD card.  I copied the .mov files from the card into a folder on my Windows hard drive.  I opened PE9, went to get media and chose the files I wanted.  I was able to edit them fine but when I went to render a transition--nothing.  There's no red line, no green line...I select "render work area" and the video just plays.  I changed the default folder for PE9 at the beginning and think that may be the problem.  I did make sure that all of the files are in the project.prel folder but when I go to the Organizer and choose the project no files show up.

Forgive me if this has been answered before--I tried to find a thread to help.  It seems to have something to do with the source content, I think.  Thanks in advance for helping.

Message was edited by: rjharpole

• 1. Re: No green or red line--rendering
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

First, what was the Project Preset, chosen at New Project?

Next, it is usually a good practice to not move files and folders around, once a Project is underway. That can cause all sorts of issues. However, just changing things in Edit>Preferences should not be THAT big a deal. What changes, exactly, did you make?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: No green or red line--rendering
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It also may help to know what operating system you're running the program on, and if it is 32-bit or 64-bit.

• 3. Re: No green or red line--rendering
              rjharpole Level 1

Thank you! Thank you!  Thank you!

Here are the project settings:

General Settings

Editing Mode: DSLR

Time Base: 29.97 fps

Frame size: 1920 x 1080

Display Format: 30 FPS drop-frame time code

Capture format: DV

Video Render

Maximum Bit Depth is unchecked

Video Format: I-Frame Only MPEG

Compression: MPEG I-Frame

Optimize Still is checked

32-bit is the answer to your second question.

Once I "Get Media" is that media a part of the project or does PE have to go elsewhere to access it?  If it has to go elsewhere, can't I just point the PE to where the source files are?  

Should I reinstall the program and let it go to the default folders and scrap the many hours I have put into the project?

Really, I appreciate the attention....

• 4. Re: No green or red line--rendering
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Once I "Get Media" is that media a part of the project or does PE have to go elsewhere to access it?  If it has to go elsewhere, can't I just point the PE to where the source files are?

The PREL (Project File) is but an XML database, and links to the media, where it was, when Imported. This ARTICLE goes into more detail. The media files are NOT included in the PREL files, and only their links via an absolute Path.

Good luck,

Hunt