• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What version of Flash Player should I use with my Power PC based Mac?

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2011 Aug 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow these instructions for installing the most recent version of Flash Player that supports PowerPC based Macs

1. Follow the instructions for uninstalling Flash Player on the Mac: Uninstall Flash Player

2. Download and extract the Flash Player 10.1.102.64 zip file

3. Navigate into the folder "/Flash Player 10.1.102.64/10_1r102_64/"

4. Mount the file "flashplayer10_1r102_64_ub_mac.dmg" by double clicking

5. Install using the normal procedure

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your reply.  It worked perfectly and I know can access video with my Flash Player installed.  Appreciate your help as it was very frustrating losing my video connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2011 Sep 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Chris,

I've installed the Flash player from this link a few times now, and although the installation is successful I get no rotating F on the Flash home page or YouTube iPlayer etc. I've been trying to download some older versions from the archive too, it's the same story. Unfortunately as I also uninstalled before starting the the 10.1 installation I can't get any YouTube etc at all now. Please help!

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2011 Sep 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using OS X 10-5.8 and have a PowerPC G4 laptop. I tried the version you suggested and navigated to and mounted "/Flash Player 10.1.102.64/10_1r102_64/flashplayer10_1r102_64_ub_mac.dmg.    It looked like it was working and stopped at the 57% mark and came up "This installation failed.  Get Support"    I have tried using other OS X 10.1 versions - all to no avail.   Any other ideas?   Much thanks in advance! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2011 Sep 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the following:

1. Follow the instructions for uninstalling Flash Player on the Mac: Uninstall Flash Player | Mac

2. Mount the flashplayer10_1r102_64_ub_mac.dmg and try installing again

3. If it still fails, right click on "Install Adobe Flash Player" and select "Show Package Contents". 

4. Navigate into the /Contents/Resources/ folder and double click the Adobe Flash Player.pkg file.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2011 Oct 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well flash player updated its version very frequently...But to install and new version first you have t uninstall older one....Flash Player 10.1.102.64 is the latest one..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines