15 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2012 2:59 AM by Amit Kumar Gupta

2 Questions from Germany ;)

bigsteve12

Hi everyone,

last Time you guys were helping me very fast. I hope this time also

I want to cut some scenes from a basketball game. I know that I mark the scenes that I want to have with the strg+k. When I watch the whole game I always write down which scenes I want to cut out(the time). Problem is here now, that when I cut the first scene that all the other scenes after are not at the right "place" anymore. Is there a way to mark all the scenes first and then at the end to automatically cut them out? There should be a way. They are marked......

Second question is.

When I have all the scenes that I want to cut out ready as one "movie", how can I put a pdf file in front? For example to show "good things" or "mistakes"???

Thanks for your help,

kind regards from germany,

I hope not everyone of you is still sleeping....

• 1. Re: 2 Questions from Germany ;)
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

How do you want to use the PDF in your movie? You can import a PDF into a video project and use it as a title.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "when I cut the first scene all the other scenes after are not at the right place anymore."

Do you mean that the movie "ripples" -- when you remove a scene, all of the others move to the left to fill in the gap?

Or do you mean that you've created markers along the top of the timeline and, when the clips move to the left to fill in the gap, these markers don't move?

Or is there something else you're trying to say?

Can you post a picture of the program?

• 2. Re: 2 Questions from Germany ;)
            bigsteve12 Level 1

Hi Steve,

thanks for your reply.

What I meant is that when I have the movie in my timeline, and I have marked one scene that is important for me, I have always deleted and the movie was shifting to the left. The problem here is now that when I have for example a movie that is 10min long and I want to cut one scene that goes from 2,34min to 2,45min and another one that goes from 4,12 to 4,54min. If I set the marker now at 2,34 and the second one at 2,45 I have my scene. When I delete now everything that is "before" that scene, (because it will "move" to the left after the delete), the second clip will not be at 4,12 anymore, right?

So my question here is, if I mark the 2 scenes and dont delete anything, can the programm after I am done delete everything that is not "between" the markers?

I hope you understand what I mean. Its a little difficult to explain, espacially in english.

Thanks and kind regards

• 3. Re: 2 Questions from Germany ;)

Can you describe how you are "marking" your scenes?

Marking has many meanings in Premiere Elements.

• 4. Re: 2 Questions from Germany ;)
                bigsteve12 Level 1

Yes, I am using the strg+k combination....

• 5. Re: 2 Questions from Germany ;)

I'm sorry, Steve. I don't know what "strg" is.

• 6. Re: 2 Questions from Germany ;)
                    bigsteve12 Level 1

sorry, its the european keyboard. It should be ctrl+k....

• 7. Re: 2 Questions from Germany ;)

Doesn't Ctrl+k just slice through your clips on the timeline?

• 8. Re: 2 Questions from Germany ;)
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Big Steve,

Here is how I would do the edits (actually two ways):

As you play, set your Markers (Numbered Markers), and either hit Ctrl+K then, or when done, go back to the Markers and hit Ctrl+K. Once you have made the Cuts that you need, for the entire Clip, or Timeline, go to the segments, that you wish to remove. Rt-click on each segment to be removed, and choose Clear. This will Delete that segment, but leave a gap, so that your footage does not shift, and the Markers still apply, just as you placed them. When done, Rt-click a gap, and choose Delete and Close Gap. This will remove the gap and Ripple all remaining segments together.

You could also run through the Timeline, and click+drag those segments to an empty Video Track, say Video 2, or 3, leaving the desired Segments, where they were. When done, all of the segments, to be removed, will now be on the higher Video Track, just where you dragged them. With the cursor, "lasso" those segments, and hit Delete. They will be removed, and your gaps on Video 1 will be removed, as the gaps are Rippled closed.

Now would be a good time to remove those Markers, especially as they do not relate to anything now.

Hope that helps, and please give us more info on how you need to use that PDF.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - In PrPro, there are more Marker types, including the Clip Marker, which attaches TO a Clip, and would move along with it. PrE only has a couple Marker types.

• 9. Re: 2 Questions from Germany ;)
                          bigsteve12 Level 1

Yes, thats how I did it in the past. I used ctrl+k and then right clicked in front and deleted the part that i didnt need....

• 10. Re: 2 Questions from Germany ;)
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

The only possible problem is that if you are doing this one segment, at a time, then, and as you mention, the Clips Delete, the gap is closed, and now the other segments are not Marked, as the Markers are attached to the Timeline, and not to the Clips. Doing the operations, throughout the Timeline, and then doing the removal, allows us to use the Markers for all Clips. Once we have Cut, we no longer need them.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 11. Re: 2 Questions from Germany ;)
                              bigsteve12 Level 1

Thanks for your help. I am doing it now with marking first and then the drag and drop.....

Last question. I have now some of my clips dragged up to the video 2 line. How can I bring them now when I am finished, all the way (left) to the beginning of the timeline??

Thanks for your help

• 12. Re: 2 Questions from Germany ;)
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Steve,

I am not sure that I am following on this one.

Are you saying that you have Clips on both Video Track 1, and also on Video Track 2, and wish to move those Clips on Video Track 2 to precede the Clips on Video Track 1? If so, you can just lasso them, and drag them to the beginning of the Timeline and onto Video Track 1. With no modifier keys are pressed, they should just drop onto Video Track 1, and Ripple all Clips on it to the right to make room.

If you want something else, please help us understand what you have and what you wish to do, a bit better.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
                                • 13. Re: 2 Questions from Germany ;)
                                  bigsteve12 Level 1

Thanks so much, it worked out.....

• 14. Re: 2 Questions from Germany ;)
                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Steve,

Great news, and thanks for reporting your success.

Happy editing,

Hunt

• 15. Re: 2 Questions from Germany ;)
                                      Amit Kumar Gupta Adobe Employee

Use Shift+Delete to avoid Ripple Delete. This will leave the gap intact.