4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2016 7:17 AM by guilhermec73228733

Export Indesign to swf question

wynter3434

Couldn't find this when searching the forums so hope I'm not asking for something that has been already answered. Made a new book layout and exported to swf with the page turn function and everything worked pretty good expect one little issue. My indesign file startes with a right facing cover page, but when I export to swf it adds a blank, left facing page opposite my cover. Is there anyway to get rid of that while still maintaining the flipbook style transition functionality?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Export Indesign to swf question
          Petteri_Paananen Level 4

That has been asked many times, but no problem... here´s a link to other thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3162970

This issue is also covered with eDocker´s FAQ (last item)

http://www.edocker.com/support/frequently-asked-questions/

There may be some other usefull tips for you too....

• 2. Re: Export Indesign to swf question
            Jeffrey_Smith Most Valuable Participant

This is the way that Page Curl SWF is exported from Indesign. Out of Indesign, there isn't anything you can do to change the cover position, but here are some things you can do to make the presentation not look as awkward...

If the SWF is on a web page with a colored background and you don't want the blank white space...

In ID, place a frame with the same color to the left (in the pasteboard area). Make sure the frame touch the cover page and fills the area that makes up the left side.

You can utilizes this dead area of the SWF...

Create a greeting or simple instructions for the viewer to accompany flip book, follow the above instructions.

• 3. Re: Export Indesign to swf question
              Rachit Kulshrestha Level 1

Its right that there is no setting to remove the left facing blank page in a SWF format, but we do have a work-around for that.

When we open a new document with multiple pages with intentions to create a book with the page turning transition, the pages pallete will automatically show one page at the start which is right facing and no page which is left facing, so the numbering goes as 1 and the it continues as 2-3, 4-5 and so on..

To prevent the blank page in swf from appearing we just need to manually place a page on the left facing side so that the numbering on the pages goes as 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 and so on..

Tried it myself and it is not giving me a blank left facing page...

Thanks and Regards

Rachit

• 4. Re: Export Indesign to swf question
                guilhermec73228733

"If you can't beat them, join them" - Answering your question, there's no way to get rid of those blank pages but I managed to make them disappear in a very funny way.

First, let's setup the page 2 as our starting page, File > Document Setup... > Start Page #: 2, click OK. Then insert a new page before/behind your cover page and fill it with this color (RGB 152, 152, 152 or CMYK 43, 35, 35, 1), you can fill it creating a rectangle or the way you feel you should do it, now we have a document with a gray page as our first page. Do the same thing to your last page.

Voilà! Now we have a booklet with first/last gray pages, export with default settings.

The trick is: those blank pages are now in the same color as the background, they are there, we just disguised them. Hope it can help.