2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2012 10:51 PM by arke2den

DW, Jquery mobile and Phonegap

arke2den

Hello....first of all, I was really please to see the support of jquery mobile and phonegap in DW5.5. I was quickly able to build a sample native app for an android device.

I am in a process of developing a small native app for my company that will require user authentication as well pulling data from mysql server. I am debating whether I should use flash (flex) builder or DW5.5.

Can php + mysql work with "DW5.5, jquery mobile and phonegp" to make a dynamic app?

your feedback will be greatly appreciated. If it is possible, is there a good tutorial as a starting point.

Thanks,

arke

• 1. Re: DW, Jquery mobile and Phonegap
          matthew stuart Level 2

How did you get on with this? I am just starting to go through the same process and was hoping you might be able to share a bit of advice. I am basically trying to create a native app, hopefully using php and MySQL.

Please share if you managed to create something along these lines.

Thanks in advance.

Mat

• 2. Re: DW, Jquery mobile and Phonegap
            arke2den Level 1

wow....Matt is has been a while since i first build the sample app using the jquery mobile and phonegap in DW5.5. Since I faced lots of challenge with getting the app to talk to mysql, i decided to go with "Flash Builder 4.5.1". I have already develped and deployed both android and ios app using flash builder.

I don't recall how i develped the sample app with jquery mobile and phonegap in DW5.5. As far as i can recall...i followed a tutorial provided on Adobe Developer Connection under DW5.5. I don't have the link anymore...i will try to find it for you.