2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2011 7:16 AM by luvsbooks

ADE and connecting a Nook?

luvsbooks

How can I get ADE to recognize Nook? I have followed all instructions, including connecting and reconnecting all cables and powering on and off both Nook and computer.  It just won't recognize the Nook.

• 1. Re: ADE and connecting a Nook?
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

I don't know what instructions you've followed, so let me start at the

beginning.  I'll assume a Windows PC.  I'll assume also that you've logged

onto the Adobe website and used an Adobe ID and password to download ADE to

your computer.

When you unpack your Nook, it comes ready to be registered with B&N.  You

should hook it up to its power cord and when it wakes up, then plug in the

USB cord and connect it to your computer.  Your computer should recognize

it, get it ready to use and then tell you that you now have a new external

hard drive that's ready to use.  The Nook screen should tell you it's hooked

up to your computer as well.

With the Nook in this state, log onto the B&N site and register your Nook.

Use your Adobe ID and password - it makes things much easier.  The B&N site

will register the Nook, and write a small authorization file to it.  Once

the process is done, you can log off B&N.  Wait a moment for the Nook to

show it's disconnected from the B&N website.

Then, open ADE.  It should recognize your Nook and put it on the bookshelf

in the Library view.  If this doesn't happen, several messages could be

generated, and I don't see any of them in your post.  So, if you've done all

of this and it's not working, what is ADE telling you - if anything?

=============

• 2. Re: ADE and connecting a Nook?
            luvsbooks Level 1

Thank you so much for your reply.  I may be one step closer, not sure.  I

tried the reverse steps you suggested and at least the computer is

recognizing the nook but calls it a camera (?) The nook said it saw the

computer in a pop up, but now it doesn't.   I don't know but will keep

clicking.

Thanks again,