4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2011 7:33 AM by J-Luc_B

Premiere Elements 9 Memory Issue

J-Luc_B

Hi,

I use Premiere 9 under 7-64 with 12G RAM (processor i5). I often have, after some tens of minutes of working the following message (translated from French) : "The memory allocated to Premiere is saturated. Take care".

3.6Go are allocated (mostly by Premiere), all the rest is free.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Memory Issue
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Though this ARTICLE starts out with some tips on PrE crashing and hanging, there are links to many other articles, and some, like the Clean, Lean, Mean Editing Machine, and the Memory & Resources articles, might offer some useful tips.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Memory Issue
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you using photographs in your project? The most common cause for this message that the photos in your project are larger than 1000x750 pixels in size.

The second most common cause is that your project needs to be rendered. Is there a red line above the clips on your timeline? If so, go to the Timeline menu and select the Render option. When your timeline is rendered, the red lines will turn green and your video will play more smoothly and use less memory.

You can also minimize the amount of rendering you need to do by ensuring that your project settings perfectly match your video. What type of camcorder did your video come from and, when you started your Premiere Elements project, which settings did you select?

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Memory Issue
              J-Luc_B Level 1

Hi,

Ok for Premiere Elements 9.01, but I already have it. For the Lean machine, I have a very stable and optimised machine because it's main usage is recording and mixing music with Cubase 6 and this needs a PC in good health (and it works perfectly).

For the memory chapter, as I have 12G of RAM, I don't think that any setting of the swap file would be an issue.

Are you using photographs in your project? The most common cause for this message that the photos in your project are larger than 1000x750 pixels in size.

Yes, I use 8Mp photos. I will resample them in PSP before importing.

The second most common cause is that your project needs to be rendered.

Yes, you are right. As I work in HD, I use rendering and I will try to correlate this with the error message.

Thanks for the advices.

J-Luc

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Memory Issue
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>have 12G of RAM

Since PE is a 32bit program, it will not use more than about 3gig