7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2011 9:53 AM by gkaiseril

popup with html tags

sindhuxyz

Hi,

Can anyone help me to write popup so I can insert html tag to make popup beautiful? Currently, I am using below code

app.alert with cMsg

cMsg do not support html tag. Any advise?

Thanks

• 1. Re: popup with html tags
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

There is nothing available in Acrobat like that. You can make more complicated popups using a custom dialog created with JavaScript, but it's somewhat complicated. The Acrobat JavaScript reference has more information on custom dialogs, as does: http://www.windjack.com/product/acrodialogs/

• 2. Re: popup with html tags
            sindhuxyz Level 1

Thanks for reply.

I have read somewhere that annotation object suport rich text. Is it possible to add annotation object in Dialog? If yes then please help me about syntax?  If No then please tell me if there is any object that support rich text and also can be added to Dialog?

Thanks

• 3. Re: popup with html tags
              gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Have you looked at the Acrobat JS API Reference for the Dialog object and and the app.execDialog documentation and examples?

Have you looked at the Windjack Solutions and the examples for the AcroDialog product?

There are more formatting options than the app.alert method and far less then HTML.

Since we do not fully know exactly what formatting features you think you want, we can not fully answer your questions.

If you do not find a formatting option that you want, you might try a button with an image of the text you want displayed.

Have you read my response to your duplicate question.

• 4. Re: popup with html tags
                sindhuxyz Level 1

Thanks for reply.

Yes sir, I have read Acrobat JS API Reference for the Dialog object; I can see properties which suport html features like font styles etc. I am asked it in forum because I have seen a software which get html data(Any html tag) and pop up Dialog with same content which I provide as html. I know, they are using Dialog object.

• 5. Re: popup with html tags

Are they using the Acrobat JavaScript Dialog object?

Have you looked at the actual code in the Acrobat PDF?

The Acrobat Dialog object does not use the HTML code tags, it uses a parameter tag and a value:

item_id: "fnam",

type: "edit_text",

font: "palette"

bold: ture;

italic: false, 

alignment: "align_fill",

width: 300,

height: 20

Acrobat JS is not the exactly the same as web JavaScript.

• 6. Re: popup with html tags
                    sindhuxyz Level 1

Is there any other solution like  Windjack Solutions

If needed I can purchase any but I will prefer if I can have exact editor (like forums.adobe.com has editor for posts). Can u please tell me other third party components?

Thanks

• 7. Re: popup with html tags

I am not aware of any other products. Most users do not even know about this object and your end users will need to update to version 7.

You can use the simple JS editor in Acrobat or use the text editor of your choice, but then you need to manually figure out how to layout the pop up window.

You will also need to figure out how to deal with loading Icon images from data streams.