5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2011 4:57 PM by the_wine_snob

Adjust track height in timeline

P_Forrest Level 1

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to adjust track heights.  Is it just fixed at two settings (Collpase-Expand)?

Petey

• 1. Re: Adjust track height in timeline
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Petey,

Expand the Track, and then go to the Track Header. Hover the cursor around the junction between the Track Headers, until it turns into a pair of parallel lines with arrowheads - click+drag. Once you find it, it will then be second nature. First time, it's a bit of a pixel-hunt.

Note: you will not get that cursor, if you have collapsed the Track.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Adjust track height in timeline
            P_Forrest Level 1

Hi Hunt,

Thanks, it's finally working now.  I was trying to do it on some tracks that weren't expanded and getting confused.  Track Expansion = A MUST before you see the double bar with the two arrows.

Thanks a lot!

Peter

• 3. Re: Adjust track height in timeline
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Petey,

You are correct, and unfortunately, I have forgotten to mention that a few times. As one of my first acts is expand most Tracks, I just make the assumption that others do that too - been wrong several times...

Also, I'll bet that your cursor just falls on the "hot spot" next time.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Adjust track height in timeline
                P_Forrest Level 1

Hi Hunt,

I've noticed now why I've been confused by it.   One has to click on the TOP of the VIDEO track to expand it, even though it seems you can drag from the bottom to expand it downward as the double beam and arrows shows up, but that doesn't work.  It shrinks the track below if expanded.

The AUDIO tracks require you to click on the bottom to expand them, not on the top.   I guess that's kind of confusing since I consider all tracks to be stacked really and should expand in the same manner.   Yeah, I know the equator MIRROR LINE is between the Audio and Video but it is not obvious.

Well, at least I understand it now!  I thought it was going to be deal breaker and I was going to finally move to FINAL CUT PRO X and make my life simpler as a typewriter.... with no functionality!!!!!     ;-)   hehehe

Petey

• 5. Re: Adjust track height in timeline
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Great news. Now, so long as you do not get tripped up by channel-count (if you have any questions on that, this ARTICLE should answer them), you are good to go.

Good luck,

Hunt