1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 30, 2011 5:59 AM by Frustrated in AZ

(-475) Download failed. Content has already been licensed to another user. Abode Reader X. Windows X

00reader

(-475) Download failed. Content has already been licensed to another user. Abode Reader X. Windows XP

I need assistance with a recent problem I am experiencing, On my Sony eBook, All my books purchased in 2010 (22) are indicating a no entry sign with protected page. How this occured I do not know. When I attempt to load these books from my Reader Library I get the message " Warning - This ebook cannot be transferred because there is no license to view on this device or it is authorized to another user". I returned to my online book supplier WH Smith and tried to download the books again from My eBook Library, I get the following message "Error - Download failed. Content has already been licienced to another user (-475). However I can download any new purchase without problems. I want my affected books back available on my reader. 

• 1. Re: (-475) Download failed. Content has already been licensed to another user. Abode Reader X. Windows X
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Once you purchase a book, the download process embeds information about that

purchase and the software on your computer into a small file.  You can't

transfer the contents of Reader libraries to ADE because that file

identifies the book to Reader.  Sorry, but this is part of copyright

protection as implemented by the publisher.  So, when you download new

purchases, they will be 'tagged' to the software where you put them.

Some folks have had success going back to the distributor (WH Smith) and

getting them to authorize another downolad to your 'new' software - some

have not.  That's the only thing I can suggest at this point.  You're not

going to have any success in trying to manipulate the book's file structure.

==========