3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2011 4:21 AM by Colin Brougham

Is there a keybinding to trim clip to scrubber?

abUSER23 Level 1

You know how ALT+[ or ] will move the " work area start and end points to the current time that the scrubber is set to? Is there a simular shortcut keybinding for triming a clip, and moving a clip?

So the scrubber is at a certian time, a key press that will...

Move the entre clip so it starts or ends at the current time the scribber is on

Will trim the clip from the start, to the current time, or from the back ot the current time

Thanks in advace

--Steve

• 1. Re: Is there a keybinding to trim clip to scrubber?
          Colin Brougham Level 6
          Move the entre clip so it starts or ends at the current time the scribber is on

No, not at this time: Adobe Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Will trim the clip from the start, to the current time, or from the back ot the current time

Yes: look in Keyboard Shortcuts under the Application category for Trim In Point to Playhead and Trim Out Point to Playhead. These are not mapped by default. Note that these do not ripple trim--they simply eliminate material from the playhead to the beginning or to the end of a clip, depending on which you use. Ripple trimming with the keyboard would be another feature request.

• 2. Re: Is there a keybinding to trim clip to scrubber?
            abUSER23 Level 1

Thanks, I am sorry I do not know what you mean by this... I go help/keyboard and there is a lit of teh default bindings but i do not see a "application" tab or anything or these commands, as you said it is not default i am assuming you need to set these somehow?

• 3. Re: Is there a keybinding to trim clip to scrubber?
              Colin Brougham Level 6

You didn't specify whether you're using CS5 or CS5.5:

CS5: Go to Keyboard Customization, select Application in the category dropdown (it's the default), and scroll to find the Trim In Point/Out Point to CTI commands

CS5.5: Go to Keyboard Shortcuts, type "trim playhead" in the search box, and assign shortcuts to the Trim In Point/Out Point to Playhead commands.

It's easier to find the shortcuts in CS5.5, but note the naming differences for the commands in the two applications. The functions are the same, however.