2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2011 5:25 PM by Rick Gerard

after effects films automatic build from php databank

montihh

hello,

do everyone have a idea to make many films automaticly from an folder with many article-pictures and a text from php databank?!

for example,

i have many hundreds article and article-pictures and i would have for youtube for everyone of the article a single film in form of a diashow.

one film have i build with after effects, but how can i now change the pictures and text automaticly to make films

for the other articles?!

thanks for your answers

greets montihh

• 1. Re: after effects films automatic build from php databank
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

How does "Not in a million years?" sound? AE's own scripting can parse text files and it can establish network connection via generic JavaScript socket stuff, but what you want goes way beyond that. It definitely would require some intermediary code and that means either a Flash panel with all this ActionScript stuff or something even more complex like calling an external app (XAMPP/WAMPP for instance), have it do the SQL queries and spit out formatted strings which thne in a second step can pe parsed into AE....

Mylenium

• 2. Re: after effects films automatic build from php databank
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can write a script or search for one that automates slideshows from an image foler. You can also write a script or search for one that turns comma delimited text files into text layers. I use a script to create lower 1/3's .

You can't directly go from a PHP page to text or image layers in After Effects, but you can go, very easily with the right script, from a file folder full of stills to and a text file with your copy to an animated slide show with titles. I'm not sure that it would be any more interesting than a slideshow made with iPhoto or any of the web based or Windows versions of auto slide show creation tools.