11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2011 6:50 PM by dmubu1

Cannot embed Adobe form in Firefox

dmubu1

Hello,

I generated a form in FORMSCENTRAL, selected the embed option, and pasted the script into an HTML document. The form works great in Safari, but for some reason, the bottom of the form is cutt off in Firefox. You can still display the fields below the cut off using tab, but cannot go back to an older field once the cut off point is passed. It seems like there is a problem with the way in which the form height is being displayed.

I am running Firefox 6.0, but tried downgrading and the same issue occurred. This also happens in IE.

Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Cannot embed Adobe form in Firefox
          DevRandy Adobe Employee

I have tried IE 9, FF 5, FF 6, and Safari 5.1 with no prolems. Could you provide a link to your html page?  If not, please provide a link to the form you are trying to embed.  Also, what version of IE are you using?

• 2. Re: Cannot embed Adobe form in Firefox
            dmubu1 Level 1

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the response. I am simply creating an HTML file with the embedded Javascript and opening the file with Firefox. Here it is:

<html>
            <head>
                <title>Form Form</title>
            </head>
            <body>
            <p>Please complete.</p>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="https://formscentral.acrobat.com/Clients/Current/FormsCentral/htmlClient/scripts/adobe.for m.embed.min.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript">
            var f7iNX_2dsarxNzVt_2aHKpIAekQ = new ADOBEFORMS.EmbedForm({formId:"7iNX-sarxNzVt*HKpIAekQ", server:"https://adobeformscentral.com/", width:700, showHeader:true, transparent:false, widthAfterRedirect:-1, heightAfterRedirect:-1});
            f7iNX_2dsarxNzVt_2aHKpIAekQ.display();
            </script>
            </body>
            </html>

• 3. Re: Cannot embed Adobe form in Firefox
              DevRandy Adobe Employee

I have tried your html and it works for me on FF 5, FF

6, IE 9, Chrome 13, and Safari.  All of the form is visible, but you do have to resize the browser window or use the right side scroll bar to see all of the form.

Can you provide a screenshot of the failure?  Can you check the FF Web Console for any JS errors (Menu Tools | Web Developer | Web Console and select the JS tab)?

• 4. Re: Cannot embed Adobe form in Firefox
                dmubu1 Level 1

I have attached two screen shots. In Firefox 6 (mac), the bottom of the form is cut off and the scroll bar will not scroll all the way to the bottom. The only way to reach the "Submit" button is by tabbing to the bottom. However, once the bottom is reached, the user cannot scroll back to the top.

I checked FF Web Console, and there were no JS errors.

Let me know what you think and thanks again for helping me with this.

This is fully scrolled down...

Sample1.png

You have to tab to reach this point...

Sample2.png

• 5. Re: Cannot embed Adobe form in Firefox
                  DevRandy Adobe Employee

I'm still not seeing a problem. I tried it on my mac with FF 5, and 6.

Can you empty your browser cache (FireFox Properties | Advanced | Network | Clear Now) and see if that changes your behavior?

Here is html source similar to yours, but shows the communication between the form and the page:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

<HTML>

<HEAD>

<TITLE>Embed Test</TITLE>

</HEAD>

<BODY>

<H1>Embedded Form</H1>

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://formscentral.acrobat.com/Clients/Current/FormsCentral/htmlClient/scripts/adobe.for m.embed.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

document.formStatus = [];

document.formStatus.count = 0;

var f7iNX_2dsarxNzVt_2aHKpIAekQ = new ADOBEFORMS.EmbedForm({formId:"7iNX-sarxNzVt*HKpIAekQ", server:"https://adobeformscentral.com/", width:700, showHeader:true, transparent:false, widthAfterRedirect:-1, heightAfterRedirect:-1});

f7iNX_2dsarxNzVt_2aHKpIAekQ.addMsgListener(function(event)

{

var limit = 5;

document.formStatus.count++;

var status = "event name: " + event.name;

for (var i in event)

if (event.hasOwnProperty(i) && i != "name" && i != "formId") status += " " + i + ": " + event[i];

document.formStatus.push(status);

if (document.formStatus.length > limit) document.formStatus.splice(0, document.formStatus.length - limit);

document.getElementById('status').innerHTML = "total events: " + document.formStatus.count + "<br>" + document.formStatus.join("<br>");

});

f7iNX_2dsarxNzVt_2aHKpIAekQ.display();

</script>

<DIV id=status></DIV>

</BODY>

</HTML>

• 6. Re: Cannot embed Adobe form in Firefox
                    dmubu1 Level 1

I feel like such a fool, but still cannot get this to work in Firefox. It works fine in Safari, so something must be off with my Firefox settings.

I copied your source directly and received a result identical to the screenshots previously attached. I cleared the cache per your instructions and still no result.

Again, what I'm doing is saving the your html source as form.html, right-clicking and selecting Open With Firefox.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again and I am really sorry for bothering you with such a ridiculous issue.

• 7. Re: Cannot embed Adobe form in Firefox
                      DevRandy Adobe Employee

I see.  The problem is that you are opening your html page from the local file system instead of serving it up from an html server.  I haven't tracked down the specific issue, but I bet it will be a cross domain problem causing a js exception.  I'll get back to you with more details.

In the meantime, if you can try your file on a 'real' server, I suspect your problem will go away.

-Randy

1 person found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Cannot embed Adobe form in Firefox
                        Bob W - CMT

I'm sorry Randy, I probably posted this in the wrong forum. I'm asking about a PDF form, not an online form. I could do this on a webpage/form. Thanks for your reply.

• 9. Re: Cannot embed Adobe form in Firefox
                          dmubu1 Level 1

Cool...good to know...let me know what you find...

Thanks again!

• 10. Re: Cannot embed Adobe form in Firefox
                            DevRandy Adobe Employee

The embed mechanism uses window.postMessage to communicate size information from the form to the parent page.  Under normal security, IE9 and FF do not allow postMessage from a url domain to a file domain. We may or may not address this issue in a future release.   But for now, you must use an html server to deliver your html content.

Hope this helps,

-Randy

• 11. Re: Cannot embed Adobe form in Firefox
                              dmubu1 Level 1

Thanks, Randy!

I thought I was losing my mind.

I apologize for not being more specific when describing my issue and for wasting your time.

Thanks again for clearing this up!