2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2011 7:17 AM by Wapmaster

FTP Issues with CS5.5: line breaks removed

macsavers

Okay, I've done quite a bit of searching on this and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's run into this, but it's possible.

First off, I'm using DW CS 5.5 on a MacBook Pro with Lion ( Mac OS X 10.7.1 ).

I'm uploading to a Mac Mini acting as a web server with Apache with Tiger on it ( Mac OS X 10.4.11 ).

Before CS5, I wasn't having any problems, but since then I've run into a line return issue where my line returns are being either ignored or changed via DW's FTP. Nothing changed between CS4 and CS5 on my end and the problem did not go away in CS5.5.

I've gone to the preferences for Code Format and tried all three options for line returns: CR Macintosh (which is what I had been using), LF Unix and CR LF Windows. Nothing worked.

Next, I tried changing the FTP Extensions Map to binary for PHP files, of which I was using one as a test, but it did not work. However, Adobe did mention that MacBinary shouldn't work and that the Code Format preference only worked for Binary, not MacBInary.

So, since my extension is ASCII, it should upload my file straight since I'm going Mac to Mac. It's supposed to use the host's system's line breaks.

Obviously something changed in CS5.x. It might be how it deals with older Mac OS X versions, I"m not sure, but it's not working.

My only solution is to use a third party FTP program, which is doable, but it takes extra time and is a bit more cumbersome.

I would love to find a fix so I can use Dreamweaver's FTP again.

• 1. Re: FTP Issues with CS5.5: line breaks removed
          peterandres999

I totally get this too. I actually tried to switch my config file to be Binary from ASCII to try and fix it, but it didn't seem to work.

Very frustrating in a mixed PC/MAC environment.

I love the convenience of the Dreamweaver FTP, but I have to go to Transmit for now.

Please look at this Adobe - this worked fine in older versions...now it feels like we are going backwards.

Cheers.

• 2. Re: FTP Issues with CS5.5: line breaks removed
            Wapmaster Level 1

Again Same issue on iMac 10.6.8, DW 5.5. Breaks mixed txt/HTML autoreply on my forms. Uploading with Fetch works fixes issue. Tested woth DW 5.0 and have no problems.

Need this addressed, perhaps FTP options for tranferring as txt, binary or auto?

They must have switched the default transfer type.

Regards.