3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2011 11:24 AM by Don Kerr

TouchEvents and Gesture Events

anjana 86

Hi,

I am new to the touch screen development in flex. I have one query. Is it possible to switch the input mode from touch point to gesture during run time.

Can you please let me know how can i handle this. If I use two fingers to zoom an image the zoom gesture should work. But if  I click on the image a touch_down event should be fired. Can you please help?

I have one more query, if you can help. Are there any touch simulators available for a kiosk kind of application, where I can simulate the touches and test the application on a non touch enabled screen

Thank you for your time!

• 1. Re: TouchEvents and Gesture Events
          Don Kerr Level 3

You can programmatically change the inputMode

Multitouch.inputMode = MultitouchInputMode.TOUCH_POINT;

or

Multitouch.inputMode = MultitouchInputMode.GESTURE;

You might check out Matt's SimTouch solution

http://code.google.com/p/simtouch/

However, if you plan to build lots of kiosk-like apps, I recommend you buy at least a multi-touch monitor or touch PC.

On a Mac, you can test Gestures using the TrackPad just by running your air app in Flash Builder.

Don

• 2. Re: TouchEvents and Gesture Events
            anjana 86 Level 1

Yes I we can change the input mode. But based on my touch type will the program be able to change the event listening mode. On the same image a single touch should load an application. A zoom kind of gesture should zoom the image. So how can the input mode change as per these user actions? I have to add 2 different touch inputs to the same touch object.

I am sorry if I am being too naive.

• 3. Re: TouchEvents and Gesture Events
              Don Kerr Level 3

For sure, Air only supports one inputMode at a time.

You might try staying in Gesture mode and using a different gesture (swipe, two finger tap) or mouse event (double click) to handle the open.

Don