2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2011 12:08 PM by bit4bit

CS4 DVDs not recognized on OSX Lion

2Q

Hi,

I just did a clean install of Lion on my mac and tried to install CS4 master collection from the dvd's I have but whenever I insert any of them the computer asks "what to do with this blank dvd"...

I tried any other dvd to make sure the dvd-palyer works fine and it works fine.

I tried installing them on a backup macbook I have and it works but unfortunately I need it installed on my main machine..

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: CS4 DVDs not recognized on OSX Lion
          ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Don't know about that one in particular, but there is a list of known issues that Adobe has found with their products on Mac OS 10.7 Lion:

Is Adobe Creative Suite software compatible with Mac OS X Lion (v10.7)?

Adobe and Apple have worked closely together to test that Adobe® Creative Suite® 5 and CS5.5 suite editions and individual products run reliably on Intel® based systems running Mac OS X Lion (v10.7) with optimal performance and user experience. Earlier versions of Adobe Photoshop® (CS3 and CS4) software were also tested with Lion, and issues that were discovered are being documented and addressed by working closely with Apple.

See the Knowledgebase article for known issues we have discovered in our testing.

As with any new release of an operating system, there may be additional unexpected issues that arise that were not uncovered during testing. If you encounter any issues, report them on our bug report form.

• 2. Re: CS4 DVDs not recognized on OSX Lion
            bit4bit

The first thing you need to do is create disc images of the discs, it ensures that if you damaged a disc you can still load the installers. I do this with all major apps.

Save these images to a USB drive, somewhere safe.

The cool thing about installing from disc images is that you can, first open all the images, start the installation process going and instead of feeding it with discs it will automatically go to the next image until its finished.

So, give this a try.

I hope the installers app is not PPC? nah couldn't be.

Oddly enough my CS3 loaded just fine on Lion and as a bonus, Acrobat pro is working again. Kept on crashing in the later iterations of Snow Leopard.

Good luck