2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2013 12:38 AM by NotOnSugarMountain

keyframing effects on and off cs5

rmartin215 Level 1

when the lighting effects is on, even with no light selected, the overall brightness of the clip is reduced.  I would like to keyframe the lighting effect per se on and off but this doesn't seem possible.  ??

• 1. Re: keyframing effects on and off cs5
          the_wine_snob Level 9

If you are seeing a "brightening," then I would check Ambient Light, in the Lighting Effect. It defaults to 20%.

Most aspects of Lighting can be animated via Keyframes - look for the "stopwatches."

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: keyframing effects on and off cs5
            NotOnSugarMountain

I'm using Lighting Effects in Premiere Pro CS6 for the first time and am experiencing the same thing rmartin215 describes in his original post.

I noticed after keyframing the Light Type from Spotlight to None, that the overall clip is left darker than when I started. If I toggle the Lighting Effects off, the clip gets bright again -- like the unaltered. Toggle the effect on, and the clip is overall darker.

Bill Hunt's response suggests checking out the Ambient Light parameter, which does default to 20%. When I increase the Ambient Light the clip does brighten.

Question:

1. why does the default -- no keyframe applied in or out -- darken the clip?
            2. what should the Ambient Light percentage be set at to bring the clip back to "unaltered"?

thanks all!