2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2013 12:38 AM by NotOnSugarMountain

keyframing effects on and off cs5

rmartin215 Level 1

when the lighting effects is on, even with no light selected, the overall brightness of the clip is reduced.  I would like to keyframe the lighting effect per se on and off but this doesn't seem possible.  ??

• 1. Re: keyframing effects on and off cs5
          the_wine_snob Level 9

If you are seeing a "brightening," then I would check Ambient Light, in the Lighting Effect. It defaults to 20%.

Most aspects of Lighting can be animated via Keyframes - look for the "stopwatches."

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: keyframing effects on and off cs5
            NotOnSugarMountain Level 1

I'm using Lighting Effects in Premiere Pro CS6 for the first time and am experiencing the same thing rmartin215 describes in his original post.

I noticed after keyframing the Light Type from Spotlight to None, that the overall clip is left darker than when I started. If I toggle the Lighting Effects off, the clip gets bright again -- like the unaltered. Toggle the effect on, and the clip is overall darker.

Bill Hunt's response suggests checking out the Ambient Light parameter, which does default to 20%. When I increase the Ambient Light the clip does brighten.

Question:

1. why does the default -- no keyframe applied in or out -- darken the clip?
            2. what should the Ambient Light percentage be set at to bring the clip back to "unaltered"?

thanks all!