1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 3, 2006 11:39 AM by Newsgroup_User

Exporting sliced webpage to DM- Colums created causing editing problems

speets
      I sliced the buttons on the menu bar and exported the home page to DW. However, when I add images or text in the body of the homepage in DW the whole document gets chopped up and misalligned. The colums cut across the body of the page causing this problem. You can see the colums only when you click on the body of the home page. Is there a way to make the colums that were added to the sliced images (upon export to DW) smaller? If there is a way to get rid of them totally, that would be even greater. Thanks for your help.
        • 1. Re: Exporting sliced webpage to DM- Colums created causing editing problems
          Level 7
          Bad way to create a web site. Fireworks is an image processing program, DW
          is a HTML editing program.

Create your web site in DW, create supporting graphics in Fireworks. Even
          though Fireworks will create html code, it doesn;t do it well and the
          results will be sloppy in any of the major browsers.

"speets" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:eig1bo$fbh$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I sliced the buttons on the menu bar and exported the home page to DW.
          > However, when I add images or text in the body of the homepage in DW the
          > whole
          > document gets chopped up and misalligned. The colums cut across the body
          > of the
          > page causing this problem. You can see the colums only when you click on
          > the
          > body of the home page. Is there a way to make the colums that were added
          > to
          > the sliced images (upon export to DW) smaller? If there is a way to get
          > rid of
          > them totally, that would be even greater. Thanks for your help.
          >