1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 8, 2006 2:11 AM by Newsgroup_User

Contribute 4 & Internet Explorer Script Error

Darlene_J_Hill
      I have built a website in GoLive on a MAC for a client who is using Contribute 4 on a PC to edit their pages. They are coming up with a script error within Internet Explorer that seems to happen whenever they make an action with their mouse. These are her words: "I'm getting a repetitive script error for line 77 and 78 that I can't get rid of regardless of my actions. This seems to happen upon any kind of mouse movement. "

Any thoughts? I've searched the internet to see if I could find something to no avail.
      Darlene
        • 1. Re: Contribute 4 & Internet Explorer Script Error
          Level 7
          Darlene J Hill wrote:
          > I have built a website in GoLive on a MAC for a client who is using Contribute
          > 4 on a PC to edit their pages. They are coming up with a script error within
          > Internet Explorer that seems to happen whenever they make an action with their
          > mouse. These are her words: "I'm getting a repetitive script error for line 77
          > and 78 that I can't get rid of regardless of my actions. This seems to happen
          > upon any kind of mouse movement. "
          >
          > Any thoughts? I've searched the internet to see if I could find something to
          > no avail.
          > Darlene
          >
          is your customer using Contribute with IE7? And does your page content
          has come embedded objects (like swf, video etc.) if so, then it is a
          setting in IE7 that is actually causing the problem.

Contribute in browse mode uses default IE installed on the machine. So i
          doubt the user might get the same error even when he is browsing the
          same thing in browser IE7. you need to turn off the phishing Filter in
          IE settings.