3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2011 8:45 AM by aljCharlie

Creating a logo

aljCharlie Level 1

I’m trying to create a logo but I need some help to start me off. Here’s the scene I’m trying to create. There will be a bunch of tiger footprints on this spot on the ground. A second or two later, a small amount of wind blows these dirt with tiger footprints away revealing the logo hidden underneath the dirt. The logo is a slate of granite rock with the logo and texts etched into this slate of granite rock.

My biggest challenge is creating the dirt being blown away by the wind. If I can’t do that with a piece of still picture of dirt, does anyone know of a stock footage that shows this effect?

• 1. Re: Creating a logo
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It's amazing what Google can do.  Take a look at THIS tutorial found with the search After Effects Dust Tutorial and 3 clicks. You'll learn a few techniques that can be modified to create your effect. There are literally hundreds of ways to do this. Just think multiple layers, masks, particle systems, and physics. It's a procedural problem rather than an artistic one. IOW, anyone with the tools and the knowledge can do it.

• 2. Re: Creating a logo
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In addition to what Rick mentioned, do a search for text to sand or logo to sand. You could apply any of those tutorials to the image of footprints that's on top of your logo.

• 3. Re: Creating a logo
              aljCharlie Level 1

Man thanks for the help. I'll give that tutorial a try and see what happens.