3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2011 5:05 PM by czigany

Intermittent Shockwave error

czigany

I have a series of Shockwave movies that are designed to run from a web application. One of my customers is experiencing intermittent problems when trying to launch the Shockwave movies. They get an unhelpful error message that there is a problem with the Shockwave and to contact the company that produced the Shockwave.

We've tested the Shockwave movies on Firefox, IE, Safari and Chrome. We are not experiencing any problems here. When they run the movies on Firefox, it all seems to work. However, they want to use IE because of another company's product.

I'm new to Shockwave and I'm trying to figure out where to go from here. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Intermittent Shockwave error
          Dee McDee Level 2

Is it possible your customer is running MSIE in "Protected Mode" (Vista / 7) and this is blocking calls or restricting Shockwave in some way?

• 2. Re: Intermittent Shockwave error
            Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

Start the debugging process by having your customer create a plain text file named "shockwave.ini", placed in the folder C:\Windows\System32\Adobe\Shockwave 11\ and add the following section to it:

[Lingo]
            DisplayFullLingoErrorText=1

Or create the file yourself and send it to them with instructions on where to place it.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Intermittent Shockwave error
              czigany Level 1

This is very useful information for the future. However, the error message I am now getting is "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." It seems to be coming from Internet Explorer v9, not Shockwave. I'm continuing to work on the problem.