2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2009 10:12 PM by Deaf Web Designer

FW4 Menu Problem

BFD175
      I have been using my old school Fireworks 4 software to create a rolldown menu. I want the menu to pop-up when you rollover the hover button in the nav bar. I created this and got it to work. I went in and changed the positioning of the menu in the html and it shows up where I want it. The problem occurs when I resize the browser. The menu ends up in a different position on the website.

I have tried changing a few things including margins of the page and changing some of the absolute positioning in the js file to relative. I still havent been able to fix this problem.

I havent done any webpage work in a few years, but I thought I remember being able to do this a long time ago. Any help would be greatful. Thanks
        • 1. Re: FW4 Menu Problem
          pixlor Level 4
          quote:

Originally posted by: BFD175
          I have been using my old school Fireworks 4 software to create a rolldown menu. I want the menu to pop-up when you rollover the hover button in the nav bar. I created this and got it to work. I went in and changed the positioning of the menu in the html and it shows up where I want it. The problem occurs when I resize the browser. The menu ends up in a different position on the website.

I have tried changing a few things including margins of the page and changing some of the absolute positioning in the js file to relative. I still havent been able to fix this problem.

I havent done any webpage work in a few years, but I thought I remember being able to do this a long time ago. Any help would be greatful. Thanks

Don't waste your time trying to fix a Fireworks 4 menu. Read this:
          The sordid tale of mm_menu/fw_menu.js
          Then, save yourself hours of frustration by buying a professional menu that has been tested to work in modern browsers. (Your time is worth money, you know.)

Here are two sites that have menu plug-ins for Dreamweaver (not Fireworks):
          Pluginlab Limited
          Project Seven
          The Project Seven menus are regularly recommended, but I have no personal experience with either of them.

• 2. Re: FW4 Menu Problem
            Level 1
            @BFD175,

While you typed a term of 'java' in body of Topic Summary, please understand that the term java is not the same as javascript. They do not function the same thing. Java is coded only once and saved into applet file, so it can perform whatever it is coded all across the platform regardless of system architecture such as Macs, Windows and the others as well.

While Javascript is scripting language. Please don't confuse these two terms together. Just want to clarify, though.

Cheers, Brian