1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 30, 2011 2:55 PM by the_wine_snob

HOW CAN I PUT A PERMANENT CAPTION ON A JPEG IMAGE?

SanAntonio Kid

I have PreElements 8 operating (successfully!) with Windows 7.  How can I put a caption on the Jpeg that will actually appear on the photo and will show on a print?  I would like the caption to run along the bottom of the image.  I believe that using the "Title" feature will not imprint itself on the jpeg file image.  Am I right?

• 1. Re: HOW CAN I PUT A PERMANENT CAPTION ON A JPEG IMAGE?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

To add a caption to a JPEG, that will print, it would be easier to do in Photoshop/Photoshop Elements. Just add a Text Layer, and then Save_As to one of many Image formats.

To do it from PrE, you CAN use the Titler, and then Export a Still Frame with the CTI (Current Time Indicator) over one Frame of that JPEG w/ the Title.

I like using Photoshop, as the Type Layer will be Vector until you finally Save_As, where it will be Rasterized. In PrE, you are working with a Raster image when adding the Text. You might not notice any difference, as it will be very slight, but where possible, I like working with Vector Type, until the final output.

Good luck,

Hunt