5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2011 5:17 AM by Steve Grisetti

Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0 Files in video rendering misplaced.

UndeadRawckz

I wasen't sure where to post this, but i'm having trouble with Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0

While editing a video in this program, I can add multiple videos to my hearts content. It looks good. But when I render out my video, no matter what the format, all the videos that I placed are scattered around randomly. Some only a few inches away from where I put it, some alot further. The only file that usually stays where I put it is the first video file I add into the presentation. Has anyone got anything to help solve this? I can't buy any newer versions of this program, As I am currently short for money, so that is not an option, Is there anything to help?

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0 Files in video rendering misplaced.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, and as you anticipated, you are in the wrong one. You want the Premiere Elements Forum, and since you were good enough to mention PrE 7.0 in the title, a kind MOD will probably move this for you.

Now, you are not talking about Rendering, in the Premiere usage. You are talking about Export (or Share in newer PrE versions' speak).

Are you working in the Timeline View Mode, or in the Sceneline View Mode?

I strongly recommend that after doing only initial storyboarding, that one switches to Timeline View Mode (actually, I never use Sceneline View Mode myself).

Can you post a screen-cap of your Timeline, showing the Clips? There will likely be clues in that, to help someone sort this out for you.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - if you need tips on posting screen-caps, see this ARTICLE.

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0 Files in video rendering misplaced.
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Also, what kind of camcorder is your video coming from and how did you get it into your computer?

And, when you started your Premiere Elements project, which settings did you select?

So much has to do with where your video files originated and how you've set up the program to use them.

It might also help if you can link us to a Web video on your final video so we know specifically what you mean when you say your video is "scattered around randomly".

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0 Files in video rendering misplaced.
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I see that the MOD's moved this for you - nice work.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0 Files in video rendering misplaced.
                UndeadRawckz Level 1

Just thought I'd just clear up a couple things, because I didn't really describe them very well D:

Any video files or pictures I use from any source, wether it be camera, or from the internet, always have the same problem

I use timeline view, as this is the only view that lets me add multiple videos in different layers. The original layer I use (Marked by the white in the picture below) always stays in the same place as I put it, but any other images or videos I resize or replace, get randomly moved about, as you can see in this two images V

1.png My original video file

2.png To the right is what happens to my files when I export them, I've tried multiple formats, but always have the same results D:

Hope this extra info helped, and sorry for the random images used in the project, I just scrapped whatever I could find off my computer and used that

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0 Files in video rendering misplaced.
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's very hard to give general answers to questions like this, Undead.

You need to focus on one type of video for now. What kind of camcorder is this video coming from?

Also, which settings did you select when you started your Premiere Elements project.

Meantime, right-click on the video image in your Monitor panel and ensure Zoom is set to Fit -- so you can be sure that what you're seeing in the Monitor actually represents your entire video frame.