4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2011 4:11 PM by Panos Zygopoulos

Rollover target background not transparent CS5

jefinition Level 1

I'm trying to make a rollover target have a transparent background and I can't seem to make this happen. Any help would be much appriciated. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Rollover target background not transparent CS5
          Linda Nicholls Level 4

Which export format do you have it set to?

• 2. Re: Rollover target background not transparent CS5
            jefinition Level 1

I have only previewed in google chrome not exported yet, that may be a questiion after I resolve this issue. The part of the design I need to be transparent is on top of the background image. What I have is this: A map of New York, plotted on this map are red circles that represents restaurants. In fire works I made the red circles hotspots that when you mouse over them a disjoint rollover image appears. The problem I am specifically having is, the rollove image is an irregular shape with a transparent background exported from Illustrator, but when you rollover a red circle and it appears it has a white backgound where it should transparent. I tried using the polygon tool to cu it out but it A: will be too time consuming and not stadardized. B: wont remove the white from inside the red. Is there a way to resolve this issue?

• 3. Re: Rollover target background not transparent CS5
              pixlor Level 4

All images are rectangular. You probably have the export settings for the disjoint rollovers set to a format that doesn't support transparency, for example, JPG or PNG24. These formats will put a white background in where you expect transparency. Try exporting the images as either a PNG32 or a PNG8.

The PNG32 format has three channels: red, green, blue, and alpha (transparency). Like the GIF format, the PNG8 format is a 256-color index palette. However the PNG8 format supports partial transparency and multiple transparent colors. If you choose PNG8, you may need to use the eyedropper tool in File>Image Preview to add additional colors from your image.

• 4. Re: Rollover target background not transparent CS5
                Panos Zygopoulos Level 3

I don't really remember if this works when you export your document, even exporting png images. Maybe it's a javascript issue. I think that you can't make the white area transparent.

But, you can do this:

Check the size of the rollover image (the size of the slice).

Instead of placing the red circles as rollover image, also cut a same size image from the background and make this a rollover image. You will have your image and a background as a rollover image, so no transparency needed.