2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2011 5:33 AM by EileenPalsson

RH Window not updating / topics not displaying after repositioning

EileenPalsson Level 1

Hi,

I'm running RH8.0.2 on a 32-bit version of Windows 7. In the last few days I've had peculiar problems with the RH Window itself (not compiled help) not refreshing properly.

For example, I want to compare a Word document to a help topic, so I resize the RH window and position it next to the Word document. I open several topics and do what I need to do. Now I'm done with the Word document, so I maximize the RH window again. This is when the problems start:

• The navigation along the top (including the topic tabs) does not refresh.
      • If I double-click a topic in the left pane, it is sometimes not displayed on the right side, although the cursor movements indicate that RH thinks the topic is displayed. (This is hard to explain, and crazily enough I can't even get a screenshot of this to show what I mean.)

If I reduce the window size back to its previous, smaller size, things look normal again and I can see the topic I just double-clicked. But if I want to use RH in a maximized window again, I have to close and reopen the RH project.

Yes, these problems can be dealt with. But this has been going on for several days now (after a Windows update, perhaps?) and it's getting annoying.

Is anybody else experiencing these problems? Is there a solution?

Thanks

Eileen

• 1. Re: RH Window not updating / topics not displaying after repositioning
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Have you tried both methods of maximising the screen, the top right icon and double clicking the title bar? Might make a difference.

If not try a different method of resizing in the first place. I'm guessing you are dragging the two windows to where you want them. Instead put focus on one and click the Windows key and the right arrow, then put focus on the other window and click the Windows key plus the left arrow. What I'm hoping is that the different method will resize afterward without these problems.

I haven't seen this reported here or on any other forum.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: RH Window not updating / topics not displaying after repositioning
            EileenPalsson Level 1

Thank you for those suggestions, Peter!

You were right - I was dragging the two windows to where I wanted them.

I haven't yet tested your suggstions extensively (I don't spend a lot of time with RH side by side by side with other applications). However, I haven't seen the problem since I started using Windows key + arrows to position the windows.

BTW, RH is the only application where I was having this problem.

I will post again (or edit this post) if I come up with any new information. Even if no one else has posted about this problem, I'm betting that others are experiencing it. As I said, it's relatively easy to work around. Just annoying.

Thanks again!

Eileen