3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2011 3:31 AM by 123freshers

Adobe Reader on Windows 7 64BIT

believenw01

Hi All

since version 10 (X) of adobe reader our windows 7 64bit machines take an age to open PDF's over 10 seconds for most, regardless of if the file is on the local machine or network

They currently have version 10.1.0 installed.

On all our vista pcs it runs fine and we dont appear to have the issue on our windows 7 32bit machines

Does anyone else have this issue

Does any one know how to fix this issue

Thanks in advance

Neil

• 1. Re: Adobe Reader on Windows 7 64BIT
          believenw01 Level 1

Hi All

Just a quick update

We disabled Antivirus and Antispam and still had the issue

Tried this Go to Edit / preferences / general - the uncheck box "Enable protected mode at startup" This got rid of the lag in opening adobe docs.

Still no good

tried this Open the reader, select Edit, Preferences then select Internet from the Categories.  This should display the Web browser options page, untick "Allow speculative downloading in the background".  This increased the speed of opening pdfs for me hope it helps.

Still have the issue

The only thing we have found now is if we open Adobe reader first and open all other pdf from the open menu its is fine and fast, we get the issue when we douible click the PDF to open it

cheers

• 2. Re: Adobe Reader on Windows 7 64BIT
            pwillener Level 8

I have Adobe Reader 10.1 on Windows 7 64-bit, and it takes about 2~3 seconds to open Adobe Reader when double-clicking on a PDF file.

That is a bit longer than other programs, but I can live with that.

Yet some other programs do take a lot longer (10+ secs), like Microsoft SQL Server or Microsoft Visual Studio.  But since I start them usually just once a day, I can live with that as well.

• 3. Re: Adobe Reader on Windows 7 64BIT
              123freshers

We heard that adobe reader has got major security lope hole , which was found by mcafee antivirus, We would like to know is it true ?