17 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2011 7:09 AM by Gabinikin

YouTube share

Gabinikin

I've been sending videos to YouTube  and I now want to send them to a different YouTube account. It set the  YouTube account the first time I used it and I can't figure out how to  change to a different account. I'd list the things I've tried already  but it would take too long so I'll just hope somebody can help. Thanks, Betty

• 1. Re: YouTube share
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Why don't you just create your video and post it to YouTube manually, per the FAQs to the right of this forum?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/623549?tstart=0

Many people prefer this method because it often results in a much higher quality video.

• 2. Re: YouTube share
            Gabinikin Level 1

Thanks, I'll do that. I was going the easy way because these are just little videos I'm sharing with family and leaving on for a short time - not to concerned about quality, but I'll do it manually. Thanks a lot.

Thoughts become things . . . choose the good ones!

• 3. Re: YouTube share
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Glad to see that you got an almost instant answer. I knew that Steve, or another, who knows the ins and outs of YouTube could help you.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt

PS - Steve's suggestion is exactly how I do it, from PrPro, which has no direct YouTube upload capability.

• 4. Re: YouTube share
                Gabinikin Level 1

Thanks - I'm grateful to Steve. He included a link to instructions about the best format to use as well, so I'm up and running. Betty

• 5. Re: YouTube share
                  P_Forrest Level 1

I've always uploaded to YouTube manually.   I first like to check my rendered video on my PC as a final QA check (quality).

That allows you to also copy the file for backup on a USB drive as well if need be.   It's so easy these days to upload to YouTube "manually"...   8-)

Petey

• 6. Re: YouTube share
                    the_wine_snob Level 9
                    I'm up and running. Thoughts become things . . . choose the good ones!

Great news, and I like the sig - with PrE, you can even make those "thoughts" move!!!!! 

Happy editing,

Hunt

• 7. Re: YouTube share
                      Gabinikin Level 1

Thanks Petey. I'll do that.

• 8. Re: YouTube share
                        Gabinikin Level 1

Hi Steve - I'm back a few days later after using the suggestions I received. I'm using the directions sent for all of the settings and it's all ok, except that I am now uploading a 2 1/2 minute video and it says it will take three hours.

Sometimes I want a video to be good to stay there, but more often I'm just sending a little visual information to a friend that will be deleted as soon as it is viewed. I don't need high quality until we’ve decided on the final version. I'm used to using the YouTube Share in Premiere 9. It just take a few minutes to upload a video and I'm on my way.

The one I have saved as suggested by this forum is taking three hours to upload. I wonder if you can help me find if anybody knows how to change the YouTube destination from Premiere 9. The first time I used it, it asked for my YouTube password etc. but now that I want to change the destination, I can find no way to do that.

I know this is not your area, and I will totally understand if you just ignore my email. Betty

• 9. Re: YouTube share

I don't know anything about your computer or your internet connection, but I'd sure be concerned if it took 3 hours to produce a 2 1/2 video for YouTube!

You may want to take a good look at your project. Ensure it truly is 2 1/2 minutes and that the Work Area Bar isn't stretched over maybe an hour of blank space. Something is definitely not right at your end!

Sorry I can't help you with resetting the program. You may need to contact Adobe Tech Support for that one.

You can contact Adobe by clicking the Contact Adobe button at the bottom of this web page.

• 10. Re: YouTube share
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Along the lines of what Steve was talking about, regarding the Timeline's Duration, take a look at this ARTICLE. Might be an "orphan" way out there?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 11. Re: YouTube share
                              Gabinikin Level 1

Not to produce it - that went quickly, but the upload to YouTube was 3 hours. I viewed the video on my computer before uploading at it played fine in 2 1/2 minutes. I've been uploading videos to YouTube for 5 years and usually it is a matter of minutes, like maybe I check my email or make a cup of coffee and it's done. This was very unusual. I'll keep trying to figure out what is going on and will take your suggestion and contact Adobe support. Thank you for your help, Betty

• 12. Re: YouTube share
                                Gabinikin Level 1

The video is longer than I thought - 3:50. It only took a few minutes to save it from Premiere Elements to a .mov file on my computer, 31,403 KB, but it took over three hours to upload to YouTube. Maybe it's a bad day at YouTube. I don't think it's an "orphan" problem do you? If it saved successfully to a small .mov file on my computer?

• 13. Re: YouTube share

Yes, something is definitely wrong.

What type of camcorder is your video coming from? And, when you started your Premiere Elements project, which settings did you select?

How fast is your processor and how much RAM do you have?

At most, a video should take 2 to 3 times it running time to process and transcode. 3 hours on a 2 1/2 minute video should be a major indicator of a problem somewhere!

• 14. Re: YouTube share
                                    Gabinikin Level 1

I saved a .mov file (3min 49 sec, 31,403 KB) from Premiere Elements to my computer. It took a couple of minutes to save and I viewed the file on my computer before uploading it to YouTube. It took three hours to upload.

So, now I'm thinking YouTube is having a bad day because a couple of days ago I uploaded a video saved the same way from the same camera on the same computer in just a few minutes and it is actually 107,025 KB although only 34 seconds long. I'll have to say I'm confused but hope the is a one-time anomaly, in which case I'm very sorry to have wasted your time.

• 15. Re: YouTube share

Nope. It sounds like the program is doing its job just fine.

As you suspect, I'd say the problem is with either YouTube or your internet connection. (I've got a cable connection, and I've noticed that things slow down signficantly between 8 and 10 pm. I can barely play some hi-def videos on their site!)

• 16. Re: YouTube share
                                        Nash_John Level 3

Hi Betty

If you want to change the destination of your youTube share, you need to enter your login credentials once again, you must have probably checked the option too Remember password the first time you entered your youTube credentials in Pre. Thats why it is not asking for login credentials and directly taking you to the Provide Info.  for your video screen

No Problem. You should notice a Change button(link) at top right corner of this provide info. screen as shown in the following image by a red arrow.

Just click on it and you can change the destination account to which you want to share your videos.Untitled.png

• 17. Re: YouTube share
                                          Gabinikin Level 1

Thank you John. I did finally find that and felt pretty stupid for not seeing it right away. Thanks for your reply. Betty