2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2011 4:26 PM by openebooks

Why cannot open my EPUB ebooks in my reader

openebooks

I am having problems opening some of my epub ebooks in my reader using ADE after transferring.  I noticed the ones that can be opened have the "unblocked" option in the properties of the e-book. The ones that  failed to open does not.  My pdfs ebooks also have the same problem after transferring to my reader. When try to open it the message said the file is encrypted. I have no problems opening the books in my computer using ADE. My reader is authorized.

What can I do to opens these books in my reader?

• 1. Re: Why cannot open my EPUB ebooks in my reader
          Jim_Lester Level 4

Either your Reader is not Authorized to the same AdobeID as your reader, or the content was licensed to dissallow reading on readers or on any device but your computer.

Checking the Item Info permissions section in ADE will tell you if it is restricted.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Why cannot open my EPUB ebooks in my reader
            openebooks Level 1

Thank you Jim. I have checked the item information in ADE for the books downloaded. The information said the books are allowed on any devices. I have tried reauthorized and authorized my Reader with no success in opening these books.

I have also tried deleting the ADE in my Reader then re-transferring the books and it didn’t work.

What are the steps to to authorize my Reader to the same AdobeID as my reader? Should I uninstalled my ADE and re-install is again and reauthorize my Reader?