Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop Downs not working in chm Files

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2011 Sep 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have just upgraded to RH9, an dhave the latest patch. I noticed that drop downs I have created don't work They did in RH8.

Here is the senerio

• Upgrade project
  • Compile it as a chm file
  • Drop downs work
  • No edit the topic  and recompile
  • View same topic in the chm file. Drop down link formatting appears, and appears clickable (Hand over) but when clicked the drop down does not work

Any ideas

This is happing on 2 PCs one Windows 7 one XP both wiht the latest version of RH

Thanks

Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps you might try clicking Tools > Update DHTML Effects in Topics. Then recompile. Any difference?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2011 Sep 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick

Thanks for that

I will try it. Just a point expanding text is also the same. I have tried in a brand new project (not upgraded) and it works fine. Let's hope you answer works.

Thanks again

Tim Emerson

Senior Technical Author

Trend Control Systems

Albery House

Springfield Road

Horsham

West Sussex

RH12 2PQ

United Kingdom

T:+44 (0)1403 226326

timothy.emerson@trendcontrols.com

Trend Control Systems Limited Ltd. Registration No: 1664519 (England and Wales).

Registered Address: Honeywell House, Arlington Business Park, Bracknell, RG12 1EB.

• Email Confidentiality Notice ***** This email is private and confidential.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system.

ļ Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I assume you still have a backup of your RoboHelp 8 project. If not, first create a backup of the RoboHelp 9 project.

Try Tools > Update DHTML effects in topics. Does that solve your problem?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2011 Sep 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I still have the original project will try your suggestion.

I didn't know about the option

Tim Emerson

Senior Technical Author

Trend Control Systems

Albery House

Springfield Road

Horsham

West Sussex

RH12 2PQ

United Kingdom

Trend Control Systems Limited Ltd. Registration No: 1664519 (England and Wales).

Registered Address: Honeywell House, Arlington Business Park, Bracknell, RG12 1EB.

• Email Confidentiality Notice ***** This email is private and confidential.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2011 Sep 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone for their help .

Unfortunately the solution does not work.

Anybody got any more ideas

Thanks

Tim Emerson

Senior Technical Author

Trend Control Systems

Albery House

Springfield Road

Horsham

West Sussex

RH12 2PQ

United Kingdom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using one of the supplied sample projects. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left. Do they have the same problem?

BTW. You might want to consider replying via the web interface if you cannot change your email signature. Your email address gets included in every reply and it is pretty standard forum advice (any forum) not to do that unless you enjoy reading spam.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have tried a brand new project, and everyting works fine. I was woinderingif it may be someting to do with the stryle sheet. I have created my own styles etc. and my origingal css file is probably from several version of Robohelp ago

I have just noticed the footers I have on each page are missing as well<

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt it is the CSS but you can test that by using it in the new project.

I am wondering if you have a problem with the master page. Try removing the link in you main project and see if the dropdown starts working.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter

Thanks for your help. I have solved the problem thanks to your help. The key was the master page. Once I unlinked the topic from the master page everything started working again.

I created a new master page whe the same items on an used that and now everyting works as I would expect.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp