2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2011 12:06 AM by mmdeziner

OMF Export Hangs - Premiere Pro CS5

mmdeziner Level 1

I am exporting about 19 minute long sequence to OMF. I have about 12 audio tracks - most of these are mono, couple of tracks are stereo. There are no nested sequences. As for effects, there's only one audio gain.

I tried exporting with encapsulate option - after about 5 minutes, the progress bar hangs at a certain point - it hung for more than 40 minutes.

I cancelled the export, and then tried exporting with separate audio files setting - the progress bar hangs at a certain point (a little farther than the encapsulate setting) and is hung again for over 30 minutes now.I can see that all audio (Wav) files are saved in the folder, however the progress bar is hung and the OMF file is at 0KB. Is premiere doing anything? Does it take this long? Or is Premiere is hung?

I am on a very tight timeline and will appreciate help resolving this.

Thanks.

RV

• 1. Re: OMF Export Hangs - Premiere Pro CS5
          mmdeziner Level 1

Okay - so after trying multiple things - I got success when only 1 audio track is active. I tried this with keeping a different but single audio track active. This does not help at all. Does Premiere really support OMF with multiple tracks??. Anyone from Adobe reading this? Would apprciate help resolving this.

Thanks.

• 2. Re: OMF Export Hangs - Premiere Pro CS5
            mmdeziner Level 1

For anyone who might run into similar problem - after trying multiple things, found out the problem. For a few audio clips, the stereo was split into 2 mono tracks and placed on timeline on two tracks. I manually removed each of thesesplit tracks and replaced it with stereo file on a single stereo track on timeline.

And the OMF rendered finally!

1 person found this helpful