4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2011 1:55 AM by Joao Fernandes

Unable to attach Skin RTE

Joao Fernandes

Hi I'm getting this error when creating an instance of a class from a loaded module:

Skin for phcfx.mainView.vsMain.formContainer.FormWindow2862.contentPanel.PresentationBuilderView28 63.templatePicker was not found.

This templatePicker component is just a spark TitleWindow MXML file.

If I load my module in a spark only application, the class is generated properly and throw no errors at all but currently we're loading our module into a HALO only application with is being compiled with SDK 4.5.1.

It seems I'll have to register every single spark component in my css file to get this fixed. Isn't there other way to fix it?

• 1. Re: Unable to attach Skin RTE
          Flex harUI Adobe Employee

Is the HALO app using the new namespace or is it using the old one and/or

compatibility modes?

• 2. Re: Unable to attach Skin RTE
            Joao Fernandes Level 1

Hi Alex,

Our Halo application uses a CSS file which uses the new namespaces

@namespace "library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx";

@namespace s "library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark";

But the Halo components still use the old namespace definitions like <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml", is that a problem?

Only the Spark only modules are using:

xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"

xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"

xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"

Something else also weird is if I load our module in a dummy spark app, any external swc that uses defaults.css, is preserved but in our main halo app, I have to redefine again everything that was in that defaults.css.

• 3. Re: Unable to attach Skin RTE
              Flex harUI Adobe Employee

I'm not sure whether CSS namespaces are tied to the app namespace, but they

might be. 

You might also try using custom skins for non-popups and see if that works.

• 4. Re: Unable to attach Skin RTE
                Joao Fernandes Level 1

Hi Alex,

I think there is some bug, don't know where but it could be at the compiler level? If I have everything spark only and have a structure like this

1. custom components libs with corresponding defaults CSS
                2. spark only module with a defaults CSS
                3. spark application using using module in point 2)

this doesn't require me to define anything in style.css for application in 3). Everything is inherited as expected, custom components in 1) used in 2) are properly renderer in 3).

In our main app we have 1) and 2) unchanged but 3) is a Halo app (only mx components) and everything on defaults.css in 1) and in 2) must be defined in the main app otherwise it won't work. Should I log a bug for this?

Thanks