11 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2011 1:02 PM by wilder2002mtw

Is Adobe/Color Finesse 3 PREVIEW ISSUE FIX to be included in FREE UPGRADES?

wilder2002mtw

Color Finesse 3 for Aobe CS5, 5.5 and stand alone sounds like a great program but does have one technical issue I'm concerned about which  makes me want to hold back on it just yet:

Apparently it doesn't preview  well to show start and finish colors at this time on the scopes.

Is Adobe/Color Finesse 3 PREVIEW ISSUE FIX to be included in FREE UPGRADES?

I'd appreciate it if anyone at Adobe can officially clear this one up for us.

• 1. Re: Is Adobe/Color Finesse 3 PREVIEW ISSUE FIX to be included in FREE UPGRADES?
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Questions about third party plug-ins should be directed at those third parties.

• 2. Re: Is Adobe/Color Finesse 3 PREVIEW ISSUE FIX to be included in FREE UPGRADES?
            Bob Currier Level 3

I'm not sure what issue you're referring to. Can you clarify so we can determine if Adobe needs to be involved?

Generally Adobe doesn't get involved with third-party products, unless there's a bug in their software they need to fix. You can always contact us directly at support "at" synthetic-ap "dot" com.

Bob Currier

Synthetic Aperture

• 3. Re: Is Adobe/Color Finesse 3 PREVIEW ISSUE FIX to be included in FREE UPGRADES?
              wilder2002mtw Level 1

Still looking into this but apparently, the issue is that the LUTs will not revert to starting parameters to compare the changes made. This is something that I'd definitely feel should be "standard" to a product like this which otherwise may be a better solution with secondary color options as well. This is why I'm asking if the eventual fix will be free? I would think it would but...

Color Finesse 3 could possibly (eventually, if not now) be a (better?) tool for Adobe PC users like myself and also appears to be a step above say RESOLVE FOR MAC (poor secondary color options) so it's certainly worth asking.

Obviously, the color correction issue is no small matter for Adobe editors so I strongly disagree that issues like this should be hushed up or only be a directed at the plug in creator as this is where many more Adobe users/readers can consider the weight of the issue for their own color correcting solutions as they continue to research and look to Adobe for solid answers and information.

• 4. Re: Is Adobe/Color Finesse 3 PREVIEW ISSUE FIX to be included in FREE UPGRADES?
                Bob Currier Level 3

I still don't understand what the issue is. "LUTs will not revert to starting parameters" doesn't really mean anything to me, so I can't tell if this is a Color Finesse issue, a Premiere Pro issue, or some combination of the two.

Please file a bug report with us (support "at" synthetic-ap "dot" com) describing what is not working for you. I couldn't find anything in our database that sounds like this. (The closest I could come was an issue where some controls wouldn't reset properly--which has been fixed in the current 3.0.4 version.)

You reference "Adobe/Color Finesse 3 PREVIEW ISSUE FIX" as if it's something we should all know about. If this issue has been discussed elsewhere, let us know where and copy us on the conversation if you can. We could certainly have missed a thread on here.

In this kind of situation screen shots or screen movies can be really, really useful in understanding the problem. When we can see the actual colors of the footage it's a lot easier to understand than just hearing that the color is "wrong" or doesn't match.

If you think this issue is in any way caused by Premiere Pro, file a bug with Adobe too. They'll let us know if the problem lies in our plug-in instead, and if we need to make changes.

I'm not sure why you think there's any attempt at a "cover up." It's just a matter of getting information to the people who can actually do something about the issue.

Bob Currier

Synthetic Aperture

• 5. Re: Is Adobe/Color Finesse 3 PREVIEW ISSUE FIX to be included in FREE UPGRADES?
                  Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> I strongly disagree that issues like this should be hushed up or only be a directed at the plug in creator as this is where many more Adobe users/readers can consider the weight of the issue for their own color correcting solutions as they continue to research and look to Adobe for solid answers and information.

I don't know what you're referring to here. No one suggested hushing anything up. Harm suggested that the most effective way to get help with a piece of software is to go to the creator of that software. Then, the creator of that software recommended to you the most efficient way to communicate with them.

Why are you accusing these folks of some sort of wrong-doing when they're trying to help you?

• 6. Re: Is Adobe/Color Finesse 3 PREVIEW ISSUE FIX to be included in FREE UPGRADES?
                    wilder2002mtw Level 1

Thank you for your attention to this matter!

"I still don't understand what the issue is. "LUTs will not revert to  starting parameters" doesn't really mean anything to me, so I can't tell  if this is a Color Finesse issue, a Premiere Pro issue, or some  combination of the two."

I feel exactly the same way!

I'm just a researcher/potential buyer asking the question from what I've read on Color Finesse 3 at the site.

Certainly  the root of the problem could go any number of ways and I wish I had a  bug report to give someone but I don't. I'm only researching the  complaints on the website (as potential buyers will do) which also said the product  worked well otherwise.

I may just buy it anyway and see what this is  really all about...

My question was if the fix, WHEN IT IS FIGURED OUT, be part of a standard FREE upgrade? I should add here that I have been very impressed with the value of the Mocha upgrades in this regard.

This is a significant plug for Adobe Users so as a potential buyer, this is what I really want to know when I hear  of a potential problem of whatever real significance it may or may not have...

I can only respond to what I'm  reading in software reports, hoping this might be a good product as it  looks much more promising than say, the $1K Resolve for Mac; there is no  accusation against anyone. Obviously, R3d files are not going away  anytime soon and the Epic X is online now...

I'm glad to know it is being looked into as more and more power users look for affordable PC color correcting solutions with solid secondary options. So much the better if there's a stand alone and an Adobe Plug in. That's WIN WIN! This was certainly a very good idea and a large part of why I WANTED TO KNOW MORE!

I doubt I will be alone in this regard...

• 7. Re: Is Adobe/Color Finesse 3 PREVIEW ISSUE FIX to be included in FREE UPGRADES?
                      John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Since this appears to be a 3rd party tool, I'm not really sure why you are asking HERE if any fix will be free

It would see seem to me that you should ask the tool vendor about their plans

• 8. Re: Is Adobe/Color Finesse 3 PREVIEW ISSUE FIX to be included in FREE UPGRADES?
                        Bob Currier Level 3

You're still being vague. Bottom line is you're asking if some problem that you can't articulate and no one else seems to know about will be fixed in some possible future release for free. Right?

No one knows.

What "reports" are you reading? Where? "Researching the complaints on the website?" Which website?

And why are you bringing up Epic and r3d files? What do they have to do with anything?

We'd really like to be helpful, but you gotta give us some help here.

Bob Currier

Synthetic Aperture

• 9. Re: Is Adobe/Color Finesse 3 PREVIEW ISSUE FIX to be included in FREE UPGRADES?
                          Jim_Simon Level 8

Help me...to help you.

Help me, to help you.

HELP ME TO HELP YOU."

• 10. Re: Is Adobe/Color Finesse 3 PREVIEW ISSUE FIX to be included in FREE UPGRADES?
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

This is a significant plug for Adobe Users so as a potential buyer, this is what I really want to know when I hear  of a potential problem of whatever real significance it may or may not have...

With a rep. from Adobe and also Synthetic Aperture working with you, in this thread, you have the attention of "both sides."

However, without some concrete details, they are both at a loss, as how to help, or answer the question, "when will IT be fixed?"

It seems that both are saking for the details on "IT." Without those details, I doubt that either will be of much use, and that would be a shame, if there is a problem.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 11. Re: Is Adobe/Color Finesse 3 PREVIEW ISSUE FIX to be included in FREE UPGRADES?
                              wilder2002mtw Level 1

Not trying to be evasive or especially, embarass anyone but this complaint is on THEIR site (it took me two clicks to see it) and the ability to ask questions there is very limited.

Frankly, I'm surprised at why one would ask why I'm bringing up Epic X with regard to the discussion of a COLOR CORRECTOR with reportedly good secondary corrections?

I guess you must be joking with me but I have to get back to work now. Good luck with this!