3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2006 11:27 AM by Nussy1664

Resizing Transition problem

Nussy1664
      I have an image that resizes to a bigger size when you hover the mouse on it and shrinks back down when you move the mouse off of it. However if you hover over it just right it seems to get stuck flickering back and forth from the large size to the small size. I think it has to do with the fact that if it's interrupted halfway through the transition it jumps to the end of the state, then starts to resize again.

Can anyone think of a solution to this? I'll post excepts of source code if it's necessary.
        • 1. Re: Resizing Transition problem
          leotemp Level 1
          yes, please post the appropriate code sample
          • 2. Re: Resizing Transition problem
            peterent Level 2
            It is happening near the edges, right? As the image expands it is causing the mouse to either rollover or rollout and firing one of those events.
            • 3. Resizing Transition problem
              Nussy1664 Level 1
              Correct, its happening near the edges. It's jumping back and forth because when going from one state to the other it jumps to the end result and then starts to resize again. The image goes from a state where it has a size of 30x30 to a size of 65x65. Getting larger when you move the mouse onto it and smaller when you move the mouse off of it.
              Here's the transition
              quote:

<mx:Transition id="trans" fromState="*" toState="*">
              <mx:Parallel>
              <mx:Move targets="{[imgSnapshot, lblSnapshot, imgDeveloping, lblDeveloping,
              imgImproving, lblImproving, imgToday, lblToday]}" duration="1000"/>

<mx:Resize targets="{[imgSnapshot, lblSnapshot, imgDeveloping, lblDeveloping,
              imgImproving, lblImproving, imgToday, lblToday]}" duration="1000"/>
              </mx:Parallel>
              </mx:Transition>