5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2011 11:23 AM by p.oneill01@comcast.net

Unable to transfer books to Nook

p.oneill01@comcast.net

My nook is activated and shows up but when I drag a book fr

om ade to the nook I get a msg that says1 file unable to transfer and no permission to copy document here. I should tell you I did not activate ade or the nook until I had already transferred over 1700 books from a file to ade. Please don't tell me I have to start over. It took me about 10 hours to drag 1700 books one at a time to ade. Thank you for your help.

• 1. Re: Unable to transfer books to Nook
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

The message you're getting relates ONLY to that particular book's digital

rights.

Publishers determine what you can do with an epublication.  They assign

digital rights to each ebook, which relate to the transfer, copying and

printing of a particular ebook.  When ADE is asked to do one of these

things, it checks the digital rights and does it if possible, or tells you

that it can't do it - via the 'no permission' messages.  You can check the

digital rights for this ebook by displaying them from ADE's Library screen.

Just rest your cursor on the ebook and a small arrow will appear.  Rest your

cursor on that arrow and a drop-down menu will appear.  One of the choices

is 'Item Info'.  Click on that line, and you'll see information about the

ebook.  In the middle, you'll see the digital rights that the publisher has

assigned.

Don't contemplate trying to change the digital rights.  Publishers and

resellers are able to do that, but you can't.  I'm not aware of any software

that would circumvent these rights - the other software packages like ADE

all have digital rights management built into them also.

Hope this helps!

===============

• 2. Re: Unable to transfer books to Nook
            p.oneill01@comcast.net Level 1

It isn't transferring any books whether it says publisher unknown or whether the publisher is listed.

• 3. Re: Unable to transfer books to Nook

I put the memory stick back in the computer and

I was able to transfer books to the nook where the nook is listed on the bookshelf . When I click on the nook the books are listed. However, they aren't on the actual nook. Anybody know what's going on??

• 4. Re: Unable to transfer books to Nook
                Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Now you have me confused.  The nominal process is to use ADE to download

ebooks to its library, then drag and drop them to the ereader.  I don't see

how a memory stick fits into the process.  If you can see the Nook on the

bookshelf in ADE, and can drag and drop the books to it, that's a good

thing.  Then, when you finish that process, you will be closing ADE.  Let

the Nook sit attached for a few moments and watch its screen.  It will be

synchronising all of the new material and will tell you when it's done.

THEN, eject the Nook or use the icon in the system tray at the bottom right

hand side of your Windows XP screen to disconnect the Nook logically.  When

that's done, you can disconnect the Nook, and check to see that the books

are there.....  They should be.

=========

• 5. Re: Unable to transfer books to Nook

It worked! Thank you very much! I appreciate your

help.