10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2011 6:59 PM by Eugene Tyson

So, about Bob's response...

colmotor

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3899347#3899347

I have to tell you Bob Levine,

Your policy of no refunds on an application purchased via third party after the shipped update makes perfect sense. And is perfectly reasonable. However, I do think your accumen and approach in presenting this as a reasonable "non-solution" was less than judicious.

All you had to say was something as simple as, "Hey man, first, thank you for being and Adobe customer, and sorry you're not completely stoked about our added feature in CS5... But, while we would love to help you rectify this situation as we have hundreds, nay- THOUSANDS of other beloved long, long, long-time Adobe loyalists, it would seem that you fall outside our policy for a refund on this. See, it appears that, by your own admission, you bought your CS5 about 4 mos. after we stopped even selling it- so, with all due respect... we can't honor your request... otherwise, we'd have to honor requests going all the way back before we even had a CS monikor! I do hope you understand."

I would have been a fan for life Bob... I  would have fought by your side when the aliens attack... but now... I not so much... feat away aliens!

Eugene Tyson-

if you read this... thank you for the follow up... I found it very helpful, and what a forum is design for.

Bob,

Take a tip from Eugene... that is your role.

I look forward to you saying something intended to be sharp, and then locking out any response.

• 1. Re: So, about Bob's response...
          Colin Flashman Adobe Community Professional

at the risk of being flamed, both Eugene, Bob and myself are end-users of the product, not Adobe employees. this forum is mainly answered by people in the community who use InDesign, and not employees of it. Underneath the person's avatar, it will say whether they are community professionals, users, or employees.

both Eugene and Bob are long-time posters and have posted thousands of solutions so are used to searching the forums first to see if there is a solution rather than ask the question to be told (politely or not) by other users that the solution lies elsewhere on the site.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: So, about Bob's response...
            colmotor Level 1

no flame... I do appreaciate you guys... and I wasn't flaming Bob either... Just responding- which he locked me out from doing in the approriate manner and thread.

I do think that if you guys take on that role, there needs to be a degree of diplomacy that goes along with it. But that's me... you do what you want. Perhaps I'm not up on all the comments and calesthenics you guys have to go through reagarding my frustrations... so I apologize for dragging out a dead subject. But I do expect more from what I consider one of the tightest companies around.

Thanks for the heads up. I hope you understand where I'm coming from as much as I think I understand where you are coming from.

j

• 3. Re: So, about Bob's response...
              Eugene Tyson Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Bob has been without power for nearly a week now. It's a miracle he can still post online!

• 4. Re: So, about Bob's response...
                [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant

Eugene Tyson wrote:

Bob has been without power for nearly a week now. It's a miracle he can still post online!

It's more of a tribute to his professionalism and dedication to this forum.

• 5. Re: So, about Bob's response...
                  peter minneapolis Level 4

Eugene Tyson wrote:

Without electricity, sure!

"Without power," not likely

Regards,

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

• 6. Re: So, about Bob's response...
                    BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Without ELECTRIC power.

Bob

• 7. Re: So, about Bob's response...
                      Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

So, how are the hamsters holding up?

• 8. Re: So, about Bob's response...
                        BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

There are 50 members of PETA protesting on my font lawn. It could get ugly.

Bob

• 9. Re: So, about Bob's response...
                          colmotor Level 1

Well, at least without electricity you won't have to deal with that annoying frame edge higlighting.

wish you well. I went through it too in Mass.

• 10. Re: So, about Bob's response...
                            Eugene Tyson Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Again, not sure how it's annoying. You have selection tools. Hovering over the frame highlights it's edge. Given the tool you've chosen you'd think you'd want the frame to be visible. If you use layers at all you'd see the unique value of this feature. I know my master, background, images, and text layers by colour. And it really helps identify what it is I am hovering over.

If you don't like it - the swtich to a non-selection tool and it won't happen. Or upgrade to CS 5.5.

In future, before you buy the software and demand refunds for ridiculous reasons, please download a trial of the software before commmitting.

Also, read the help files associated with new software and it's "features".

It's a much better way to work. I mean I never bought a car without test driving it first. I don't see why you would blindly buy software without test driving it first?