0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2006 4:38 PM by frenchi30

problems with drag/zoom and levels

frenchi30 Level 1
      Hi All,
      I hope someone will be able to help me with some issues I am having.

I need to load an external swf and control its display with drag and zoom. The loaded swf has to be inside a “white box” (container), it must be draggable/zoomable beyond the parameters of the box, but the excess that is outside this box must be hidden.

As it stands now, I have the swf file loading ok with “SWFLoader”, the Loader is nested inside an “HBox” which is also nested in other layout components.

I am running into some problems:
      1- When users drag the loaded swf, it seems like the swf file is swapped onto the top layer or level and it drags over the whole stage and not within its own area.
      2- When users click the zoom, scroll bars appear for the whole stage as the page is stretched to the new size of the swf.

I need the swf to load inside its container and not stretch the whole page while zooming/dragging, it should be clipped at the edges of the container so and not affect the rest of the stage...

What would be the best way of doing this?

Also, I cannot find much information about <mx:mask>... can someone point me to the right direction please?

I read up on changing depths of elements and/or creating a mask over the loaded swf, but I am unsure of which approach would be best?

Thanks in advance.
      A