2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2011 9:16 AM by caw1985

epub library books suddenly don't show on Nook

caw1985

Recently upgraded my imac to Snow Leopard (I know I'm one gen behind on purpose). Just downloaded some books from my local library. They showed up fine. Nook showed up and I dragged them to Nook library. Only problem is they're don't show up on my Nook. Admittedly I haven't used it since June, but all was fine then. Thinking that it might have something to do with Snow Leopard install, I dragged ADE to trash and reinstalled. Didn't act like a new install when I opened it. Everything was there as before (all expired library books I'd checked out in the past and the two I checked out tonight. Again, the Nook showed up fine, the books are in the ADE Nook folder, but not on the Nook. Leaving for 3 weeks camping in the U.P. tomorrow and would love to read the books I checked out. Can anyone help. What in the world is wrong. (FYI, I also found info on the Nook forum about deleting the Nook's ADE file and reauthorizing. Got no reauthorization screen. Once or twice when clicking on a book I got a message that said it was authorized to another computer (I think). Couldn't get it to come up again so I'm not sure. Very frustrating. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

• 1. Re: epub library books suddenly don't show on Nook
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

I'm in the PC world (thanks for the condolences), but I can offer a generic

thought or two.

Reinstalling ADE won't do anything to help you.  I think the question is

whether or not you allowed time for the Nook to update itself before you

disconnected it from the MAC and turned it off.

The process should be to attach your Nook to the MAC first and make sure

that the MAC tells you it's found the Nook and it's ready for use.  Then,

start ADE.  ADE should recognize the Nook as attached and show it in the

bookshelf side of the Library screen (left hand panel).  So far - so good.

When you've done the transfer of ebooks to the Nook, you can shut down ADE.

If you look at the Nook, it should tell you it's still connected and is

processing the new content.  When it says it's done, then eject/disconnect

logically the Nook from the MAC.  Turn the Nook off, wait about 15 seconds

and turn it back on again.  The ebooks should be in the Nook's library.

Hope this helps!

=================

• 2. Re: epub library books suddenly don't show on Nook
            caw1985 Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for your message. I am out of the office through September 23. I don't have regular access to e-mail. If you need to reach me urgently, please call my cell and leave a message. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Courtenay Wolf

Wolf Editing

515-770-8363 Cell