3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2011 1:17 PM by Todd_Kopriva

How to load only one sequence at at time?

77mrd

Hi guys,

When I open my movie project, there are obviously a ton of audio and video clips and other stuff. Premiere has to "load" all of this media everytime I open my project. However, is there a way I can load only the media for the current open sequence I am working on? I have multiple sequences, and I only work on one at a time. Therefore, no need to wait for the other files to load!

If this is possible, my start up time would be dramatically quicker, and after each crash of the program, I can load it way faster as well. Not to mention that my movie plays really slow due to so many files being loaded in one project.

I've searched the forum and can't find an answer.

Thank you!

MrD

• 1. Re: How to load only one sequence at at time?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

One way to get close to what you want to do would be to create several Project, one for each Sequence, and then Import just the chosen Sequence into that, and do a Remove Unused, so that each discrete Project will only have the links to media used in that one Sequence. When done, you can create a new Project, and then Import each of those separate Projects/Sequences into that.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: How to load only one sequence at at time?
            Jim_Simon Level 8

There is no way to make Premiere Pro load only part of a project.  However, that should be unnecessary.  You don't have to wait for everything to load to start working.  If the clips you need are loaded last, then you will.  But if what you need is already there, you can work while the rest load in the background.

PP is alao a pretty stable program (at least on a clean install of Win 7 it is).  If it's crashing a lot, you may want to solve that.  It isn't normal.

Finally, the number of clips in a project will not have any effect of playback speed.  If you aren't getting real time playback, something else is the cause.  You may want to solve that as well.

• 3. Re: How to load only one sequence at at time?
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Regarding crashes: You didn't say what version of Premiere Pro you're using. Have you installed the latest updates? They fix a lot of problems.