4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2011 6:52 PM by NotEnoughHours

DVD Templates not applying

NotEnoughHours Level 1

Been a long time since I burned a DVD, so have never tried with v9, but it doesn't work.  I see the default templates, but when I drag it over - or hit "apply", nothing happens (if I have menu markers set.  If I do not, it will give me the prompt to create them, but still nothing happens).  Using version 9.0.1 and am up to date with updates...  Any ideas?  Thx

• 1. Re: DVD Templates not applying
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It could be related to your computer specs. If you haven't got enough power, applying a template can take a while. If you haven't got enough RAM or enough space on your hard drive, it may not happen at all.

It could also be related to your source video and how much of your timeline is unrendered (i.e., red lines above the clips).

It's hard to say. We don't know enough specifics about your situation to comment.

• 2. Re: DVD Templates not applying
            NotEnoughHours Level 1

Thanks for the reply Steve.  This is only a 7 minute video and fully rendered.  My machine is a HP 64bit Intel Core 3.33GHz, 24GB RAM, 1GB graphics card running Windows 7. I use 3 HDD's - a 340GB disc for the o/s and programs which has 150GB free, a 931GB disc for media files with 400GB free, and a 596GB scratch disk with almost zero data on it. This machine runs faster than the speed of sound with any program except Premier Elements. However, it doesn't act like it's waiting to apply the template at all.  It just doesn't do anything.  Any other ideas?  Cheers

• 3. Re: DVD Templates not applying
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Well, it certainly doesn't seem to be a resource issue! You've clearly got the hardware to run this program.

It could be an issue with Windows 7 64-bit. It does have a few buggy behaviors with Premiere Elements. (Hopefully the next generation of Premiere Elements will play better with 64-bit OSes.)

I wish I had more to offer you but, unfortunately, unless I can duplicate the problem at my end, I don't know how to resolve it.

Did we establish that you are not working with hi-def or AVCHD video? What kind of camcorder is your video coming from?

I'm usually working with standard definition AVIs -- and I have heard of people occasionally having problems getting a feature to work with they're working with MPEGs/M2Ts.

If you're open to a third-party solution, you can pick up a great little program called DVD Architect Studio 5 from Sony. It's a dedicated DVD authoring program, and download is only $39. I know a number of people who edit their videos in Premiere Elements and then port them over to DVD Architect Studio for DVD creation, since the program is much easier to use, faster and offers a host of wonderful options.

I've written a book on it, and you can see a demo of it and some preview tutorials on the book promo page. If you're tired of wrestling with this template issue, it could be better than aspirin for curing your headache!

http://Muvipix.com/dvdas5.php

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: DVD Templates not applying
                NotEnoughHours Level 1

Never thought about using a 3rd party program for DVD authoring - great idea, thanks Steve - will check that out!