2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2011 6:53 PM by Peta_MAckenzie

Autorun PDF on CD in Acrobat 7 and above

Peta_MAckenzie

I have a large problem.

I am trying to autorun a PDF file (created in Acrobat Pro 9) to Autorun on a CD in Reader 7 and above. I have tried having reader on the CD and it doesnt work. My computer has autorun enabled. I have tested the CD on multiple computers with no success.

The PDF autoruns perfect in Reader and Pro 6.

If anyone could help me with this that would be great.

• 1. Re: Autorun PDF on CD in Acrobat 7 and above
          Dave Merchant MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Having Reader on the CD is immaterial (and without a distribution license, prohibited) - Reader isn't a portable application, it has to be installed before it can be run.

Autorun on Windows looks for a batch file, and expects the contents of that batch file to be an executable - so to autorun a document you need a helper app on the CD (a small EXE file which opens the user's PDF reading software, whatever it may be). Google for it, there are loads of free ones out there but it's not pertinent to these forums and we don't promote third-party software. Autorun isn't available on Mac OS X anymore.

• 2. Re: Autorun PDF on CD in Acrobat 7 and above
            Peta_MAckenzie Level 1

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info.

I did have a bat file on the CD that would launch reader 6 on one machine but any machine with Reader or professional 7 and above would not auto run.

I am at wits end with this problem.