1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 6, 2011 6:28 PM by Steve Werner

Can you connect to facebook and twitter from an interactive pdf?

marytro Level 1

I can't seem to get the like button to connect with the facebook page of my client. When clicked it goes to facebook but says page can not be found. I went to my clients fb page and copied the url but it just doesn't work. Can you connect to facebook and twitter from an interactive pdf? If so how. Thanks

• 1. Re: Can you connect to facebook and twitter from an interactive pdf?
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I did a test with a URL from my Twitter account and from my Facebook account. I placed these as hyperlinks and created a PDF, then tested the links.

Twitter worked for me in the form: http://twitter.com/[username]. It took me to the web page that showed all the Twitter postings I had made under that name. I think that's basically public information if someone has your Twitter log-in name.

Facebook did not. I suspect it's a security issue. Facebook has a complex set of Security rules about who can see what in your account. I doubt that one would work (and I'm happy that that is NOT public information).