• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPS results question

Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2011 Sep 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very new to programming and to Flash Builder, so pardon my ignorance here. When using the "Geolocation" sample in Flash Builder how can I get it display "city and state" as opposed to the coordinates? Is there a simple way of doing this? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to convert them. There are solutions to convert coordinates into textual locations. I didn't search for an offline solution but it might exist for something as general as city and state.

Google can convert them for you if you have an internet connection.

Read this article : http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/geocoding/index.html#ReverseGeocoding

You will connect to their webservice and handle the output  corresponding to the adress linked to your coordinates. You can llok in the result for a less specific one with only the city/state/country.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rangora, reading up on this now. Appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines