5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2011 11:10 PM by sonal2890

PDF prints last page corrupt

Daniel_Howden

I have this issue sometimes, not everytime and not on every PDF but the last page on small PDF files or the last few pages on larger PDF files just come out corrput.

If I re-print these last pages they then print fine.

I have found a workaround where I send the document to print as an image and this seems to work fine but I would like to get to the bottom of whats going on with this pringin the last page corrupt.

Someone else must have had this issue.

Cheers Daniel.

• 1. Re: PDF prints last page corrupt
          Daniel_Howden Level 1

Am I really the only person to have this problem.  Surely someone else must have seen this.  Is there anyone from Adobe that uses this forum?

Cheers Daniel.

• 2. Re: PDF prints last page corrupt
            Atul Agarwal Adobe Employee

Dear user,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Kindly let us know the following details.

1) Are you using Acrobat or Reader?

2) What is the version of Acrobat or Reader you are using? The latest version is 10.1.1 and I would request you to keep the application up-to-date. You may do so by going to Help-->Check for updates. Kindly report back if the issue is fixed or not after the update.

3) Please also let us know the make of the printer and the driver as well.

4) Since, this issue looks file specific, I would request you to send the pdf across to us.

If you still get the issue with the latest release then I would request you to please forwad the pdf file across to us at atulagar@adobe.com

Thanks

Atul Agarwal,

Adobe Sytems

• 3. Re: PDF prints last page corrupt
              Daniel_Howden Level 1

Hi Atul

thank you for your reply.  I will answer your questions:-

1) I am using Reader

2) I am using version 10.1.1 and I did check for updates and there are none.

3) I am using a brother printer a 4040CN and the driver is the latest Brother one.

4) This issue is not file specific, it happens on occasion on any PDF.  It is frustrating that it does not happen everytime and on all PDF's.

Cheers Daniel.

• 4. Re: PDF prints last page corrupt
                Daniel_Howden Level 1

Hi Atul

thank you for your reply.  I will answer your questions:-

1) I am using Reader

2) I am using version 10.1.1 and I did check for updates and there are none.

3) I am using a brother printer a 4040CN and the driver is the latest Brother one.

4) This issue is not file specific, it happens on occasion on any PDF.  It is frustrating that it does not happen everytime and on all PDF's.

Cheers Daniel.

• 5. Re: PDF prints last page corrupt
                  sonal2890 Adobe Employee

Hello Daniel,

Things are working fine at our end. Output is coming out as expected.

To investigate this further, I request you to  forward us the scan copy of our garbled output together with original file. It would be more helpful if you can also forward us the screen shot of print dialog with which following unexpected output is occurring.

Thanks for your timely support and cooperation. You can forward your documents to soaggarw@adobe.com.

Sonal Aggarwal

Adobe Systems