3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2011 8:18 PM by Rooster-287

indesign CS4 crashes on opening links panel

fitpuppy

ok, been using InDesign CS4 for years on my macbook pro (2.4 GHz Intel Core Duo - 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM) w/o problem.  Am running 10.6.8 (last upgrade was months ago)

so now, I'm perplexed as to why today, all of the sudden, I start having problems whenever I try to open and/or use the Links panel. Most of the times, upon attempt to open the panel, I'd get the spinning beach ball then crash.  A couple of times, it would open, but the minute I tried to click on a link, I got the damn spinning beach ball and then it crashed.

I tried repairing disk permissions. Found one article that recommended renaming InDesign Defaults and InDesign SavedData -  I couldn't find

InDesign Defaults, but did find and did rename InDesign SavedData.  None of this helped.

Then,  I tried re-installing the application from the original cds.  Didn't work either-same problem persists.

I've never encountered this in all of my years of using InDesign.

questions:  where is the InDesign Defaults file?  and, most importantly, how can I fix this problem?  It's really hard to work w/o a links panel.

help!