3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2011 2:07 PM by Olav Kvern RSS

[CS5][JS] UserInteractionLevel equivalent for ID Server?

lhanneman Community Member

Hello,

I need to be able to ignore some warnings that occur in scripts that run on our InDesign server. I've tried using something like:

app.scriptPreferences.userInteractionLevel = UserInteractionLevels.NEVER_INTERACT;

However, this does not work when the script is executed on the server. There must be a way to set some sort of "interaction level" for scripts that run on the server... since the server gives me a warning that says "...you can click OK or cancel..."

I've seen that someone had the same error, but didn't appear to have a solution:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/328431 (from 2008).

If anyone has any ideas about this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance,

-Lloyd

• 1. Re: [CS5][JS] UserInteractionLevel equivalent for ID Server?
          Olav Kvern Community Member

Hi Lloyd,

Where is this error coming from? I mean, where are you seeing this error message? How are you sending your script to InDesign Server?

InDesign Server doesn't have a UI, so it doesn't have a user interaction level--or anyplace to "click OK or cancel". It's possible that this is a bogus error message, but I'd need to know more to even make a guess.

Thanks,

Ole

• 2. Re: [CS5][JS] UserInteractionLevel equivalent for ID Server?
            lhanneman Community Member

Thanks for the reply!

That message is coming from our ID server. I can see it on the instance of IDS that the script was ran on (looks like the command prompt window).

Please look at this thread for more details on that: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/900451?tstart=0

I know that IDS doesn't have a UI, and I agree that it seems bogus but that's what is showing up (even though it's only a "warning" apparently). My solution to that thread was the error seems to be caused by the watermark that our development ID Server puts on each exported PDF (because the problem doesn't occur on our LIVE ID Server).

That's why I'd like to be able to just ignore these "warnings" on our dev server, or somehow make IDS think the Watermark is CMYK compliant (see the last reply in that other thread from Harbs about changing the transparency blend settings). I haven't found a way to do either of these things.

I hope this better explains what I'm trying to do!

Thanks again!

• 3. Re: [CS5][JS] UserInteractionLevel equivalent for ID Server?
              Olav Kvern Community Member

Hi Lloyd,

It seems to me that there are settings for ignoring errors/warnings, but I'm just not familiar enough with Server to know exactly how to get at them. I can see that I'm going to have to install ID Server to be able to troubleshoot this! Give me a few days. In the meantime, we can hope that someone else will chime in with an answer.

Thanks,

Ole