• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spark TextInput does not bring up soft keyboard in iOS?

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2011 Sep 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an app with TextInputs that was working fine, bringing up the soft keyboard in both Android and iOS devices.  After being away from it a couple weeks, when I made some unrelated changes, it no longer brings up the keyboard at all on iOS, and on Android it no longer displays the contents of the TextInput while typing, with the "Done" button.

I can't think of any changes I made that would cause this change...

I found old posts here and elsewhere about the Spark TextInput not triggering the v keyboard, but they're all a year old, and I know I've been fine until now.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 14, 2011 Sep 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you detail your "unrelated" changes... I'm pretty sure the problem is in your code... so we need more informations to find it. Can you send your code or a simple app with the same bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2011 Sep 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to get it to work again by no longer using an mxml skin, which I was using to make the corners square, not rounded. Once I removed the skin reference, it brought up the keyboard again. Do you know why this might be?   And could you tell me why there are forum exchanges around saying spark textinput cannot bring up the keyboard, only the mx:TextInput can? Perhaps they date back to an early beta version of the sdk?

Thanks!

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines