8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2011 9:26 AM by Jim_Simon

Newegg Coupons 9-9-11

John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

http://promotions.newegg.com/neemail/sep-0-2011/Coupon09/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNE FL090911&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL090911-_-EMC-090911-Index-_-E0-_-All

Read the fine print... you have to be a member to use the coupon codes... but joining is free and the discounts are good

Well worth a few minutes time if you are getting ready to build a computer

• 1. Re: Newegg Coupons 9-9-11
          Islanders66 Level 1

Thanks, the only time I would order from New Egg is as a last resort or a significant discount. I have spent thousands there and they don't even bother to respond to an email about a return. My bank also said they were a high security risk. If something is out of stock they take it off the website or move it all the way to the end. Restocking fee, etc. Not sure why they are so popular.

• 2. Re: Newegg Coupons 9-9-11

Just over a year ago I built a new computer... except for software (which buy through the University where I work) I bought every single piece of hardware from Newegg 

I had zero ordering problems... and would very much order from Newegg again

• 3. Re: Newegg Coupons 9-9-11
              Islanders66 Level 1

I didn't have any problmes ordering. It's the lack of a responce to an email about a return, resocking fees, paying for return shipping for defective merchandice, and the fact they remove an item that is out of stock from their website. There are other places with much better customer service, sales, lifetime technical support, have a toll free number to call at any time, and are more ethical.

• 4. Re: Newegg Coupons 9-9-11
                Jim_Simon Level 9

Not sure why they are so popular.

Excellent prices, and normally excellent service.  They're pretty much the only place I even look any more if I need new computer parts.

• 5. Re: Newegg Coupons 9-9-11
                  Islanders66 Level 1

Yes, they get people on a tempting coupon price then out of habit you keep buying from the same place. Most of the time Amazon can beat their price, free shipping, no restocking fee, and much better customer service, and much less security risk. I don't have time to beg to wave a restocking fee. I did order about $800 worth of stuff from them on my last build and was not impressed. On one order they charged me for one item and shipped it but not the other on the order that wasn't availble, without informing me. And after poor service on a $30 item that was defective, I'll be less likely to order from them again.

IMO if someone wants to open a topic about a retail outlet it should be open to all feedback. If you want to post something positive about the company and how much you like restocking fees and the fact they remove items from their website than it doesn't need to attempt to discredit my expericnce with them.

PS.. and yes, it was the order they split up and only shipped half of of it that was defective. They didn't give me the option of canceling the entire order, so now I'm dealing with a $30 defective external drive. I even tried to cancel that before it shipped but NE wouldn't let me. That's when I contacted my bank and was informed that NE has a lot of security issues as well.

• 6. Re: Newegg Coupons 9-9-11

>open a topic about a retail outlet it should be open to all feedback

Well... this post is not locked and you are describing your experience... so I would say "all feedback" is what is happening

I've never had a problem with any of my Newegg orders, so have no experience with their customer (non?)service department

• 7. Re: Newegg Coupons 9-9-11
                      Islanders66 Level 1

Perhaps it should be locked. That's not what I was talking about. There is no need to keep quoting me citing your issues with my post. If you have something to add just do it.

• 8. Re: Newegg Coupons 9-9-11
                        Jim_Simon Level 9
                        it doesn't need to attempt to discredit my expericnce with them.

I actually think it does, because I believe your experience with them is not the norm.  No company can satisfy every single customer.  The question is how many of a company's customers are happy, and how many aren't.  With Newegg, I think you'll find the overwhelming majority of people falling in the former category.  They get an A+ rating from the BBB, and have had only 15 complaints in the last three years.  For a company of their volume, that's not too bad.  Compare that to Amazon's 2,788 complaints, and the reader get's a very different picture than the one you're trying to paint.