1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 8, 2006 2:17 AM by Newsgroup_User

sending connection settings question

elhz Level 1
      I want to send a connection key where someone can connect without knowing my ftp password. Not sure what to flll out on the send Connection Key screen. If I select the radial button "yes" and don't check "include my fTP username & password" will they be able to connect and will they know my password or do I ckeck "include my FTP username and password" I've read the manual but this part isn't clear to me.
        • 1. Re: sending connection settings question
          Level 7
          elhz wrote:
          > I want to send a connection key where someone can connect without knowing my
          > ftp password. Not sure what to flll out on the send Connection Key screen. If
          > I select the radial button "yes" and don't check "include my fTP username &
          > password" will they be able to connect and will they know my password or do I
          > ckeck "include my FTP username and password" I've read the manual but this
          > part isn't clear to me.
          >
          Check the option, include my FTP username and password. This way your
          site details/ftp user name/pwd will be in an encrypted format where user
          will not recognize. All he needs to do is just enter the connection key
          password and contribute internally decodes the encrypted password and
          connects to FTP server.